RIP Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

RIP Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Post by Leedog »

The man that introduce Transcendental Meditation to the western world. He died at age 91 Tuesday.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: RIP Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Post by ksbluesfan »

Good. It's a shame TM doesn't die with him.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

You obviously don't know a (Franking) thing about it. I'd much rather idiots like you die.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

haha
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

Leedog wrote:You obviously don't know a (Frank) thing about it. I'd much rather idiots like you die.

You have reached total consciousness.
_____ _ _

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Leedog wrote:You obviously don't know a (Frank) thing about it. I'd much rather idiots like you die.
I know a scam when I see one. When you can fly around the room by mind power, let me know. The good Maharishi claimed that he was able to reverse the aging process. If so, how could he possibly die? I hope you don't fall for that crap.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

John Lennon's opinion of him:

Sexy Sadie what have you done
You made a fool of everyone
You made a fool of everyone
Sexy Sadie ooh what have you done.

Sexy Sadie you broke the rules
You layed it down for all to see
You layed it down for all to see
Sexy Sadie oooh you broke the rules.

One sunny day the world was waiting for a lover
She came along to turn on everyone
Sexy Sadie the greatest of them all.

Sexy Sadie how did you know
The world was waiting just for you
The world was waiting just for you
Sexy Sadie oooh how did you know.

Sexy Sadie you'll get yours yet
However big you think you are
Sexy Sadie oooh you'll get yours yet.

We gave her everything we owned just to sit at her table
Just a smile would lighten everything
Sexy Sadie she's the latest and the greatest of them all.

She made a fool of everyone
Sexy Sadie.

Sexy Sadie.

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

I blame this douche for making the sitar show up in the Beatles music. Like they needed any more help being hippies.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

rebelmusic wrote:I blame this douche for making the sitar show up in the Beatles music. Like they needed any more help being hippies.
Fo Sho, the sitar era sucked.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I think the Pantera "every song sounds the same" era pretty much sucked too. :okman:

SCOARDBOARD THE SITAR ERA
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:I think the Pantera "every song sounds the same" era pretty much sucked too. :okman:

SCOARDBOARD THE SITAR ERA
It's all in individual sets of ears. :grin:

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I have practice TM since 1986. I never claim to be able to fly. It is not a religeon. Marshi was Buhdast, I'm still Catholic. It is a method of deep relaxation and stress relief. It works. There are several "legit" mainstream medical studies that back this up. One of the main causes of health problems is stress. Studies have shown TM to help reduce the stress that leads to high blood pressure. People are more capable to quit smoking (Idid in '86), diet, etc. I really believe it is the single most important thing someone can do for their own health. Anyone who is too closed minded to believe, too bad for them.
Regardless, saying you are glad he is dead is along the same lines as saying you are glad MLK is dead and you hope the whole civil rights movement dies withhim. Or the Pope and Catholicism. You are gonna rile up people with your ignorance.
I suggest you investigate a bit before you make an ass of yourself.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Leedog wrote:I have practice TM since 1986. I never claim to be able to fly. It is not a religeon. Marshi was Buhdast, I'm still Catholic. It is a method of deep relaxation and stress relief. It works. There are several "legit" mainstream medical studies that back this up. One of the main causes of health problems is stress. Studies have shown TM to help reduce the stress that leads to high blood pressure. People are more capable to quit smoking (Idid in '86), diet, etc. I really believe it is the single most important thing someone can do for their own health. Anyone who is too closed minded to believe, too bad for them.
Regardless, saying you are glad he is dead is along the same lines as saying you are glad MLK is dead and you hope the whole civil rights movement dies withhim. Or the Pope and Catholicism. You are gonna rile up people with your ignorance.
Hey, whatever makes you happy, bro. You shouldn't have to rationalize it to anyone else.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

SCOREBOARD THE CIGAR ERA

SIGNED,

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Leedog wrote:I have practice TM since 1986. I never claim to be able to fly. It is not a religeon. Marshi was Buhdast, I'm still Catholic. It is a method of deep relaxation and stress relief. It works. There are several "legit" mainstream medical studies that back this up. One of the main causes of health problems is stress. Studies have shown TM to help reduce the stress that leads to high blood pressure. People are more capable to quit smoking (Idid in '86), diet, etc. I really believe it is the single most important thing someone can do for their own health. Anyone who is too closed minded to believe, too bad for them.
I suggest you do the same.

http://skepdic.com/tm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TM offers nothing that you can't get from regular meditation. Marshi was a very successful scam artist like Benny Hinn, L. Ron Hubbard, the Rev. Moon and many others.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

ksbluesfan wrote:

http://skepdic.com/tm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TM offers nothing that you can't get from regular meditation. Marshi was a very successful scam artist like Benny Hinn, L. Ron Hubbard, the Rev. Moon and many others.
Well if L. Ron Hubbard is on the list I might as well add Joseph Smith(Founder Mormon religion). "Seeing Stones" my ass.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

http://skepdic.com/tm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well if L. Ron Hubbard is on the list I might as well add Joseph Smith(Founder Mormon religion). "Seeing Stones" my ass.
The list of scam artists is long. The list of suckers is even longer.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

people just want to belong to something.
you saying every religious person is a sucker is like saying everybody who joins this message board community is a sucker.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

goon attack wrote:people just want to belong to something.
you saying every religious person is a sucker is like saying everybody who joins this message board community is a sucker.
I listed several scam artists and suggested that there are many more, but I never said every religious person is a sucker. Ruutu is right, you should work on your reading comprehension.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I paid a 1 time fee of $40 in 1986 to learn the technique. I doubt you could be taught "regular" meditation as reasonably. I don't see much scamming going on. I haven't been around anyone affiliated with TM since, so I don't see a "need to belong" in my case. Most of my friends have no clue I practice TM.