Shooting at Kirkwood City Hall

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Shooting at Kirkwood City Hall

Post by barnburner »

gotslix wrote:Just goes to show that those in positions of authority should stay professional at all times. This guy obviously felt the need for 'payback' because some badges (we don need no stinkin badges) were giving him a hard time.
No excuses for this piece of garbage. Nothing anyone did to him justifies
his actions. I'm just sorry he died so quickly. He deserved to suffer thru a very long, extremely painful death.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

crazy blues fan wrote:Public Works Director Kenneth Yost is my uncle. He was a great person. Very involved in his church. Always willing to help anyone. On his vacation him and his wife went to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes. He will be missed.

I hope karma comes back and bites his family in the @$$ for their very insensitive comments.
Sorry for your families loss. It's just disgusting that misfits continue to
take the lives of innocent people all across this country.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

barnburner wrote:
crazy blues fan wrote:Public Works Director Kenneth Yost is my uncle. He was a great person. Very involved in his church. Always willing to help anyone. On his vacation him and his wife went to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes. He will be missed.

I hope karma comes back and bites his family in the @$$ for their very insensitive comments.
...and that people exist out there who justify their actions! That's what's the most mind-blowing thing to me about this whole situation (other than the fact that it happened in the first place). I don't even have the words.

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by crazy blues fan »

Blueline29 wrote:
barnburner wrote:

...and that people exist out there who justify their actions! That's what's the most mind-blowing thing to me about this whole situation (other than the fact that it happened in the first place). I don't even have the words.
Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

It is bullshit that they are making this into a race issue.
Thanks to Viper for the great sig!

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

It appears that only a few are trying to make this a race issue. Most of the African American community have condemned the action and race baiting excuses.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

tsblue wrote:It appears that only a few are trying to make this a race issue. Most of the African American community have condemned the action and race baiting excuses.
As well they should. And they shouldn't be applauded for it because that is what they are supposed to do (not that you are applauding them, of course).
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

goon attack wrote:
tsblue wrote:It appears that only a few are trying to make this a race issue. Most of the African American community have condemned the action and race baiting excuses.
As well they should. And they shouldn't be applauded for it because that is what they are supposed to do (not that you are applauding them, of course).
I hate laughing at anything in this thread, but Chris Rock already did this bit goon. :lol:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

This is truly a tragedy and the Kirkwood police dept have been in the news WAY too much lately.

I went to school with SGT Bill McEntee and that was a horrible loss...
then the Devlin/Hornbeck story...now this.

I pray that the familes can get through this and I also pray for some healing in the whole community.
Mark P

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

This is truly a tragedy and the Kirkwood police dept have been in the news WAY too much lately.

I went to school with SGT Bill McEntee and that was a horrible loss...
then the Devlin/Hornbeck story...now this.

I pray that the familes can get through this and I also pray for some healing in the whole community.
Mark P

FloPoErich
All-Star
All-Star

Post by FloPoErich »

tjk002 wrote:Flopo,

Are you referring to Tom Ballman? If so, I agree. He was one of my best friends growing up. We lived next door to each other for 18 years. He leaves behind two young children. A tradegy is an understatment.
I was referring to Tom... I had the pleasure of meeting him and getting to know him as a friend a few years ago. He truly is a great man.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

goon attack wrote:
Read the Sylvester Brown column in the PD and you will see the barely veiled racism. He knows he can't say it is because of race, as murder is not acceptable, but he comes O so close by dwelling on the problems in Kirkwood. Typical, he had the Duke lacrosse players convicted 15 minutes after that hooker accused them.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Sylvester Brown is an idiot.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:Sylvester Brown is an idiot.

Amen. That dude has toolbag written all over him.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

There was an article in the paper about church yesterday and it was very positive as far as what the residents of Meacham Park were saying. All the right things were said, which bodes well for the future. Things like this should bring people together, not allow them to be torn apart by agendas.

Good to hear some common sense on this and some genuine sympathy for the victims.

I know this sort of gets into the Chris Rock routine again, but after the sickening bull---- that was said it seems appropriate to mention that isn't what everybody is saying.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

I've heard the lovely Westboro folks from Topeka are going to protest.. I've been fascinated by these psychos for a while, if I find out when they'll be there I might go to watch.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I've heard the lovely Westboro folks from Topeka are going to protest.. I've been fascinated by these psychos for a while, if I find out when they'll be there I might go to watch.
Just walk into any bar south of Arnold and you'll see the same thing. ;)

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I've heard the lovely Westboro folks from Topeka are going to protest.. I've been fascinated by these psychos for a while, if I find out when they'll be there I might go to watch.
Just walk into any bar south of Arnold and you'll see the same thing. ;)

Ala godhatesfags.com their protest schedule.

02/12/2008 09:00 AM - 09:45 AM Ballwin, MO
St. Mark Presbyterian Church 601 Claymont Dr. This is for the funeral of Officer Tom Ballman.

02/12/2008 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM Kirkwood, MO
St. Peter Catholic Church 243 W. Argonne This is for the funeral of Kirkwood City Councilman Mike Lynch.

They're so damn ridiculous.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: 02/12/2008 09:00 AM - 09:45 AM Ballwin, MO
St. Mark Presbyterian Church 601 Claymont Dr. This is for the funeral of Officer Tom Ballman.
I've been in that church more times than I care to recall. Raised Orthodox but then one day my mom decides we need to go to the Presbyterian church because it's closer and her Bible thumping friend goes there.

My Dad just said, "fukk it" He didn't want to go to St. Nick's anymore anyway.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

They are a bunch of kooks. They were in Columbia years and years ago, think I've mentioned that here before. Hopefully there is a police equivalent of the Patriot Guard (Patriot Riders? Can't remember the exact name) to block them from the family's view. What a bunch of frankers.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'd love to go to one of their protests, put the headphones on, play "Walk" and "F**king Hostile" on loop while I smash some faces.

I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. I find it hard to believe that a cop wouldn't find some paperwork that he needs to do in his car for 5 minutes while said incident would be taking place.