Get Fined For Wearing Saggy Pants

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Get Fined For Wearing Saggy Pants

Post by stlmark »

How stupid is this law? :roll:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

The world needs ditch diggers too. I say let 'em hang low, it's not like putting a respectable pair of pants on these kids is going to make them any less asshats.

This law just makes them jaded asshats.
_____ _ _

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

cprice12 wrote:I think it's stupid to have an ordinance for this type of thing.
However...I also think having your ass literally hanging out of your jeans, and having to hold up your jeans when you walk just so they don't end up around your ankles, is one of the dumbest fashion statements you can make.
Just my opinion of course.
Here is my thing on it....who do you really see wearing their pants like this? Males (black and white) that are 14-25 years old. People at that age really don't know the difference other than it is a fad. Just like when you and I were young and rolled up the bottom of our jeans. I see girls today wearing pants where the bottoms are folded up like there is a flood coming and I can't tell you how many times I have held myself back from asking them where the flood is.

Wearing saggy pants does not allow you to do much of anything but walk. You can't go play ball, or run around with your friends because you will trip over your pants.

Kids are going to wear what is "in". That can't be stopped really. But what can be stopped is them coming into any business that the kids want to come in. No matter if it is a gas station, mall, pawn shop, or Wal-Mart. That is where it can be enforced instead of making a law that it can't happen around town.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

barnburner wrote:Personally, I'm for having baggy pants wearers, and wearers of baseball caps on sideways and backwards, being shot on sight.
But then, admittedly, I'm an old senile bastard.
Me, too, though not so much backwards (with baseball caps); it's the ones who wear 'em with the bill at, say, 2:00 that irritate me.

I wanna be on the gun-toting Saggy Pants Task Force!

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

I must say that I HATE it when this dudes wear their pants saggy, but a law against saggy pants is ridiculous.

I've seen police chase videos where the dude ditches the car and runs away from the cops. As he's running his fracking pants fall to the ground gets caught. So these saggy ass pants do help catch the stupid ass criminals. :twisted: So 86 that law. :okman:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

JMHO, but I'd rather see a law to fine douchebags who wear their hats tilted to the side of their head.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

Mark wrote:JMHO, but I'd rather see a law to fine douchebags who wear their hats tilted to the side of their head.
Truly, this is an epidemic these days.

I call it the "douche angle." You can measure douchebaggery by its severity.
_____ _ _

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

As long as their ass crack and privates are covered by cloth of some kind, I can't see how it can be illegal. I hate it as much as anyone, but my parents hated my long hair and big bell Levis in the 70's.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Leedog wrote:As long as their ass crack and privates are covered by cloth of some kind, I can't see how it can be illegal. I hate it as much as anyone, but my parents hated my long hair and big bell Levis in the 70's.
The difference is.. This is a fad primarily among blacks.. Therefore it's okay to make it illegal.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

STLRN10
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by STLRN10 »

I just think its ridiculous that there was some sort of a need for an ordinance. And of course some people love it because it protects their right to go out and not see someone's hairy buttcrack but others hate it because it denies them their right to look like a doofus. Its like any other law. Example, no smoking in IL. I love it because I know I don't have to deal with second hand smoke or washing my hair after going to the bar. Others hate it because they are big babies and have to go outside and smoke. Either way you look at it, you can't make everyone happy. :roll:

Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Allblues555 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Leedog wrote:As long as their ass crack and privates are covered by cloth of some kind, I can't see how it can be illegal. I hate it as much as anyone, but my parents hated my long hair and big bell Levis in the 70's.
The difference is.. This is a fad primarily among blacks.. Therefore it's okay to make it illegal.
No, it's that it's vulgar--you can see 100% of their underwear sometimes. I would expect that to be against some kind of ordinance. Imagine if it was women who wore their pants down, exposing their panties to the crotch for the world to see.
_____ _ _

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Without a doubt, that's an element.

For me - it's about stupidity - not color.
My Grandson (who is white), follows the trend, and when he comes to my house - he's not allowed thru the door until he gets his pants up to where he looks like there might actually be some brain cells still alive in his head.

I might not be able to control what happens elsewhere, but I don't, and won't,
enable the "I'm a braindead clone" concept in my home.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The thing that cracks me up is the kids who have them hanging so low they know they'll trip, so they pull them up, but they don't pull them up nearly enough so they're still hanging too low. Why not pull them all the way up and look presentable instead of unemployable?

I understand that, technically, I'm supposed to be teaching them science -- and obviously I do, but I also spend plenty of time every day pointing out the different quirks they have that will render them completely unemployable. If only they'd respond to those cues and get out of bad habits. Life skills for some kids are more important to hammer out than worrying about whether they understand a science concept.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

I'd much rather just see the police just tazer them instead of fine them. :wink:
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Philo wrote:I'd much rather just see the police just tazer them instead of fine them. :wink:
It would be so kick ass if teachers were allowed to carry tazers. I can just see all the lawsuits though. Damn :x

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

barnburner wrote:Without a doubt, that's an element.
Without a doubt, you and M_E_G don't know what the hell you're talking about.

If it was about blacks, they'd ban in it a municipality that wasn't 96% black. I don't who Sylvester Caldwell is, but I'll take a wild guess and say he's black.

What's next from you two, that all these "no skateboarding" rules we see are about whiteness?

You two are dumbfukks of the highest degree.

Dumb. Fukks.

fukk you

:grin:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

OK, what if Sean John or someone makes pants cut to hang low and actually sews in boxer looking material sticking over the top to simulate the look, but it isn't the guys actual underwear. Legal or illegal?
Seems as if no private parts are exposed to violate obcenity laws, there is nothing you can do. And this is from a guy that will say to himself something that rhymes with cluckin trigger every time he sees someone dressed like that......same as people muttered effin hippy, or girl, or fag, or freak, at me in the 70's.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Let those black on black racists do whatever they want!!!! It's Pine fukking Lawn! Nobody gives a sh1t what happens in Pine Lawn! Show me one hockey fan that lives in Pine Lawn and I'll show you a whole bunch of folks from White Plains Mizzeruh who do NOT have meth mouth!

THIS MELTDOWN BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOON ATTACK

Fukk. You.

!
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

glen a richter wrote:
Philo wrote:I'd much rather just see the police just tazer them instead of fine them. :wink:
It would be so kick ass if teachers were allowed to carry tazers. I can just see all the lawsuits though. Damn :x
When the company I worked for went out of business, one of my buddies decided to go back to teaching. He didn't last a week. One of the high school punks was doing something he wasn't supposed to in the hallway, and
my buddy told him to knock it of. The kid mouthed off and threatened to kick his ass- whereupon my buddy dropped him for the count of 313.
My buddy just walked to the principals office and turned in his keys.
Strangely enough - he didn't get sued.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:Let those black on black racists do whatever they want!!!! It's Pine fukking Lawn! Nobody gives a sh1t what happens in Pine Lawn! Show me one hockey fan that lives in Pine Lawn and I'll show you a whole bunch of folks from White Plains Mizzeruh who do NOT have meth mouth!

THIS MELTDOWN BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOON ATTACK

Fukk. You.

!
Are you ok?