GDT: Icestorm '08

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Do you have your milk and eggs???

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

GDT: Icestorm '08

Post by F Keenan »

So, I work from home, so the storm didn't affect me too much. Anyone else been out driving in this crap? My peewee team is supposed to have a game in Granite City tonight and their rink is outdoors.... if it doesn't get called off I may be coaching in Dickies overalls.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: GDT: Icestorm '08

Post by Philo »

yes,i was out in it and it is nasty.could not believe all of the numbnuts driving like it was sunny and eighty degrees.and yes i already had my French toast. :)
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

I am still working and don't have windows to see how nice it is out there. I got my milk and eggs....at the bar I am going to tonight. Should be fun.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

STLRN10
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by STLRN10 »

F Keenan wrote:So, I work from home, so the storm didn't affect me too much. Anyone else been out driving in this crap? My peewee team is supposed to have a game in Granite City tonight and their rink is outdoors.... if it doesn't get called off I may be coaching in Dickies overalls.

The rink does a pretty good job of at least keeping the wind out. If the roads didn't suck I'd offer to drive the 5 minutes and bring you guys some hot chocolate but...I'd rather stay in, watch the game, and not ruin my car. :grin: Good luck to your team if you play!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

STLRN10 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:So, I work from home, so the storm didn't affect me too much. Anyone else been out driving in this crap? My peewee team is supposed to have a game in Granite City tonight and their rink is outdoors.... if it doesn't get called off I may be coaching in Dickies overalls.

The rink does a pretty good job of at least keeping the wind out. If the roads didn't suck I'd offer to drive the 5 minutes and bring you guys some hot chocolate but...I'd rather stay in, watch the game, and not ruin my car. :grin: Good luck to your team if you play!
Yeah, I seem to remember GC keeping most of the elements out, except the temp. I haven't played there since high school though. The game has been cancelled and moved to Fairview tomorrow. Now I get to stay home, drink, and watch the Blues game. :letsgoblues:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

STLRN10
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by STLRN10 »

F Keenan wrote:
STLRN10 wrote:

Yeah, I seem to remember GC keeping most of the elements out, except the temp. I haven't played there since high school though. The game has been cancelled and moved to Fairview tomorrow. Now I get to stay home, drink, and watch the Blues game. :letsgoblues:
CONGRATS! :letsgoblues:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Got off work early on Thursday at 2:30 because of the ice storm.
Got a call Friday morning at 5:30am saying that campus was closed down and not to come into work.
The winter weather gives me another three day weekend. That's the 2nd one this year. Nice. 8)

When I was driving into work on Thursday, the roads were pretty bad. And of course, there was an asshole doing at least 75, blowing by everyone on Hwy. 255, zigging in and out of lanes. I was soooo rooting for him to slide off the road and into the ditch...but he did not. :(

Idiot. He could have killed someone.

Why do morons insist on driving like that in the ice and snow?
I saw no less than 8 or 9 cars that had been in an accident and/or in the ditch off the road on Thursday on the way to work (a couple of them were pretty bad)...and I am assuming they were driving like idiots too.

Serves them right.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Got stuck at Lambert after multiple cancellations, therefore spending an extra night in St. Louis. It wouldn't have been so bad if the note was still in town as I'd probably have gone back to STC and gotten tickets for another game. In any event, after a Planes, Trains and Automobiles type evening, we finally got to a discounted motel and left the next morning. Unfortunately, by travelling east across the county, all we were doing was hopscotching the storm, so when we arrived in Pittsburgh, our connecting flight back to NY was cancelled and we had to spend the night there too since NY was getting shelled and all the local airports were running 9 hour delays + cancellations.

This storm basically sucked balls, but at least the game was great.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024