Sam Adams lends a helping hand

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Sam Adams lends a helping hand

Post by Ruutu15 »

Not really a fan of Sam Adams beer, aside from the Octoberfest, but Jim Koch is a class act for helping the little guys.

[mailto:Hop.Sharing@bostonbeer.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:22
AM
Subject: Boston Beer Hop Sharing

For a couple of months now, we've all been facing the unprecedented hops shortage and it's affected all craft brewers in various ways. The impact is even worse on the small craft brewers--openings delayed, recipes changed, astronomical hops prices being paid and brewers who couldn't make beer.

So we looked at our own hops supplies at Boston Beer and decided we could share some of our hops with other craft brewers who are struggling to get hops this year. We're offering 20,000 pounds at our cost to brewers who need them.

Specifically, we are able to spare 10,000 pounds of East Kent Goldings from Tony Redsell, a top English grower featured by Michael Jackson in Michael Jackson's Beer Companion (page 75 has a picture) and 10,000 pounds of the German Noble hop Tettnang Tettnanger from small farms in the Tettnang region in Germany. These are both type 90 pellets from the 2007 crop and are the exact same hops we brew our own beers with. We're not looking to make money on this so we're selling them at our cost of $5.72 a pound plus $.75 a pound to cover shipping and handling for the Goldings and $5.42 per pound plus $.75 a pound to cover shipping and handling for the Tetts.

They're packed in 22# foil bags, boxed four bags to a box in 88 lb. boxes and will be shipped from cold storage.The purpose of doing this is to get some hops to the brewers who really need them. So if you don't really need them, please don't order them. And don't order them just because we're making them available at a price way below market. Order them because you need these hops to make your beer. We're not asking questions, so let your conscience be your guide.A few mechanics--until we know how much need there is, we've put a maximum out there of 6 boxes per brewer, which is 528 pounds. You can order less in 88 pound increments. You pay shipping.

If we get more orders than the 20,000 pounds, we'll have a lottery. We will be putting the basic information to order, some faqs and the actual offer on our website http://www.samueladams.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the next day or so, probably no later than Tuesday. Look for "Hop-Sharing Program" on the front page of the site.We hope this will make brewing a little easier for those hardest hit by the hop shortage."

Jim Koch, Boston Beer Company

Source

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Sam Adams lends a helping hand

Post by stlmark »

Beer! :okman:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

http://www.psychostick.com/beer_small.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:letsgoblues:
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Sam Adams is quickly moving into the category of my favorite beers.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Sam Adams Cream Stout is really good.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I need to buy some of that Sam Adams stuff that isn't allowed to be sold in Missouri (Utopias). I'll be in Las Vegas in a few weeks...hopefully I'll find some there.

*search*

$100 a bottle? Yikes.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Nyghtewynd wrote:I need to buy some of that Sam Adams stuff that isn't allowed to be sold in Missouri (Utopias). I'll be in Las Vegas in a few weeks...hopefully I'll find some there.

*search*

$100 a bottle? Yikes.
I've had it, and it's really not something you drink much of. Plan to buy a bottle for a big party because you really can't take more than a small glass of it.