2008 NFL Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

2008 NFL Draft

Post by Winning Unlimited »

So, you're the Rams. Who do you select?

I'd be happy with Jake Long, Chris Long, or Dorsey, but I'd rather trade down and get an extra pick or two and save some cash.

I found that there are mock draft databases, where the mock drafts are compiled and analyzed. There is a breakdown of who the Rams will select.

Jake Long: 43.4%
Glen Dorsey: 26.6%
Chris Long: 25.3%
Other: 4.7%

After watching pieces of the combine, I'm guessing Miami takes Chris Long and the Rams select Jake Long.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: 2008 NFL Draft

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Lots of people saying the Dolphins trade that pick though. Probably to a good team in exchange for their first round pick and possibly next years' first rounder or something like that.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: 2008 NFL Draft

Post by glen a richter »

Well, I'm indifferent to the NFL draft since the Browns dumped their 1st rounder to get Brady Quinn last season. Locally, the Jets get franked because they won't be able to draft McFadden most likely. Deep down, I hope the Browns offer Anderson and a pick to the Dolphins for that 1st rounder and the Mighty Quinn becomes the go to guy this season. Then they can get McFadden because with a rookie at QB they'll probably need a strong ground game. The Jets, meanwhile, have no secondary, never have and never will. They may as well draft whoever is best available when they get their turn. Kellen Clemens in Browning Neagle - strong arm, nothing else. Pennington is good as gone via trade. Maybe they can trade him to the Dolphins. Stranger things have happened. I don't think the Dolphins keep that pick though, really.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024