Schwarz leads Aces to 1st round sweep of defending champs!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dugoutAK
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Schwarz leads Aces to 1st round sweep of defending champs!!

Post by dugoutAK »

Marek Schwarz stopped 27 shots Sunday and 154 of 162 in the series (.951 save percentage) to earn all four wins. Combined with a short regular-season stint with Alaska, he is 10-0 for the club.

The Aces became the only team in the league they joined in the 2003-04 season to advance out of the first round of the playoffs in each of the last five seasons.
"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie." - Brett Hull

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Schwarz leads Aces to 1st round sweep of defending champs!!

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Impossible.. He was terrible in like the 3 games he played for the Blues therefore he's done forever.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Sec310K67
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Sec310K67 »

That a boy Marek!!!
I really hope that he regains confidence and heads into the summer and training camps/development camp with a full head of steam and makes decisions tough for the team next year.

Go ACES and Schwarz!!!

dugoutAK
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by dugoutAK »

Article on Schwarz

Of note:

Schwarz had a 1.82 goals-against average and a save percentage of 95 percent.

Schwarz was surprised when the Blues sent him to the Aces the first time in mid-February. But the experience was so fulfilling he was thrilled to learn he would rejoin the team for the playoffs.

"I got here and had so much fun," Schwarz said. "It's so much different. It's more fun here.

"I think (winning's) been a big part. But I love the fans here. The fans are unbelievable."
"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie." - Brett Hull

majikle
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by majikle »

dugoutAK wrote:Schwarz had a 1.82 goals-against average and a save percentage of 95 percent.
If Schwarz had had those numbers in Peoria it would have been all fun there too .....and the Rivs might have been in the AHL play-offs.

I like Schwarz. Liked him better then Toivy anyway. The two will be fighting it out for a roster spot in Peoria next season....if one of the two is not let go.... so I hope he gets his confidence back. Should be interesting.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

So he's only good in the ECHL. Last I checked, the Blues don't play in the ECHL and the Stanley Cup isn't awarded to the winner of the ECHL playoffs.

Last I checked, he was subpar for the Rivermen and sub-subpar for the Blues.

If you have a monster in net playing against pee-wees, the monster in net will often stop more pucks than if he was playing against people his own size.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Habit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Habit »

Eh, I wouldn't throw him under the bus yet. There's a lot of goalies out there that don't make the NHL until close to 30, and have fairly marginal stats in the A.