NFL Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

NFL Draft

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I'm hoping Chris Long ends up a Ram at the end of the day and that a decent player drops to the 2nd round for us.

I'd offer a third rounder for Chad Johnson though!

my mock draft:

1. Jake Long (MIA)
2. Chris Long (STL)
3. Matt Ryan (ATL)
4. Darren McFadden (OAK)
5. Glenn Dorsey (KC)
6. Vernon Gholston

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: NFL Draft

Post by OS »

The Rams need help at WR, but I'm not sure I'd want anything to do with Chad Johnson. I really don't understand why he wants out of Cincy.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

I think he has become frustrated with losing. Palmer's game suddenly goes to shit and the defense can't stop anything. He wants to win now. Although, I don't know if I would want him on this Rams team. If there are any players on the fence about playing 100% mentally and emotionally, Chad would give them a shove off the fence. The Rams have been very fortunate to not have any of these wise ass players (lawrence phillips excluded.)

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:I'm hoping Chris Long ends up a Ram at the end of the day and that a decent player drops to the 2nd round for us.

my mock draft:

1. Jake Long (MIA)
2. Chris Long (STL)
3. Matt Ryan (ATL)
4. Darren McFadden (OAK)
5. Glenn Dorsey (KC)
6. Vernon Gholston
I have watched V Gholston play every game of his college career. I have no idea if he is better than those rated above him. I can tell you that most teams he has played against had no idea how to block him, most especially Michigan. Jake Long was used like a $2 whore. He is NOT a workout freak...he can hit and tackle.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I have 2 scenarios besides the straight draft order. If Miami doesn't take J Long, I'd take him if you have a deal on the board for Baron, like a #2. But they have too many holes to draft him and keep Baron.
If that doesn't work, I wouldn't mind trading down (not more than 3 spots unless they get a Herschel Walker type deal) to someone that wants McFadden. If Miami takes J Long and you slid down to 5 you would still get one of the big 3 Dline.
Joke just popped into head.....Why did Dallas get so much for Walker? They demanded something for each of his personalities.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Dorsey and Carriker clogging the middle... it would be a thing of beauty. The rest of the defense could finally fall into place if they stop the run with those 2. I dont want another OT unless they are moving someone they already have but I haven't heard anything about that. I think Chris Long will be an average but not good NFL player.

My pick is Dorsey as long as he is on the board.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

If the Rams have the opportunity to draft Chris Long, and pass, it will be 2001 draft all over again.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first round draft picks, team and league sources said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

OS wrote:
How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first round draft picks, team and league sources said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe they are waiting for New England to offer a 4th round pick?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

J Long has signed with the Dolphins. Looks like trade down or one of the big 3 D for the Rams.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

YAY!!!!!!!!! CHRIS LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Hey Curt, how about a LetsGoRams forum?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It's looking more and more like McFadden for the Jets.

I'm no Jets fan by any stretch of the imagination, though my father is a big big big Jets fan.... used to have season tickets when they played in Shea. Since the Browns facked up their first round by trading to get Quinn --- may work out in the long haul, let's see what happens with Derek Anderson right now --- I don't give a fack really about the 1st round. The Jets are my #2 team but they don't need a running back, they need a secondary. Any Jets fan can tell you that in their entire history they've always needed a secondary.

McFadden must go elsewhere than #6.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

There is no F'ing way that McFadden gets past Oakland. Rams will take Chris Long, so that dream expires for Howie Long fans. But a tandem in Oakland of Russell/McFadden would blow anyone away. Plus with Lemont Jordan's injuries, they need a playmaker. I really think that the Jets will get Vernon Gholston. Ryan and McFadden would both be gone by pick 6.

But this is so exciting! The Rams hold all the power right now. The Dolphins should have waited until the last moments before signing Jake Long. Now the Rams get the trade offers and they have the opportunity to offer a prospect a contract. Plus, all we hear on the news now will be St. Louis! Swweeeeet!! 8)

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

If the Rams don't trade down, it is Dorsey. Steve Savard has said the NFL informed the Rams the CANNOT negotiate with anyone until after the pick.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Oakland just acquired Thomas Jones, so I'm not sure they're going after a RB.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm hoping someone else takes McFadden because honestly, the Jets don't need him and they'll be stupid enough to draft him. Then I get to listen to Jets fans complain again all season about the lack of a decent secondary.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

And with the second pick, the Rams take the fifth-best player.

The Rams are a dumpster fire.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

OPTIMEGUS wrote:I'm hoping Chris Long ends up a Ram at the end of the day and that a decent player drops to the 2nd round for us.

my mock draft:

1. Jake Long (MIA)
2. Chris Long (STL)
3. Matt Ryan (ATL)
4. Darren McFadden (OAK)
5. Glenn Dorsey (KC)
6. Vernon Gholston
Told ya so.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Nyghtewynd wrote:And with the second pick, the Rams take the fifth-best player.

The Rams are a dumpster fire.
This is one of the most worthless comments I think I may have ever heard but its completely appropriate because everybody is an expert on draft day.

I would be curious what makes you so confident you know exactly how Chris Long is the 5th best player? I'm not saying I know any better, because I sure don't, but nobody seems to agree with you ANYWHERE.

I would have preferred Dorsey, but I can't be upset to have Chris Long.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen