NFL Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: NFL Draft

Post by tsblue »

Yawn...nothing cries for "a life" more than obsessing over a draft, any draft, pick one, or letter of intent day...it is all bs.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

tsblue wrote:Yawn...nothing cries for "a life" more than obsessing over a draft, any draft, pick one, or letter of intent day...it is all bs.
What if I told you that obsessing over every draft pick over the last several decades has inspired me to call Gary Bettman and tell him I can stop another lockout?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Here I root all through the first round for one of the top 3 WR's to fall to the Rams at #33. All 3 do. And they pick a WR that Kiper said was his 10 or 12 best WR. Can you say Jacoby Shepard or Trunge Canidate?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

I don't pretend to know who will be the best players to come out of this draft, but the Rams admitted that the #1 player on their board was Glen Dorsey and that Chris Long was the #4 player on their board. That irritates me.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Imagine how Los Angeles feels about drafting Thomas Hickey. :oops: I wonder who the Rams had in the 2,3 slot? My guess is that it was
1. Glenn Dorsey
2. Jake Long
3. ??? Ellis/Gholston ???
4. Chris Long

My real problem is the Rams drafting Avery.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

McFadden was in their top 3, but not taking him is understandable given the current team. Not taking a DT is absurd.

As for Avery, I don't see how we can be mad about that. They felt he was the best WR available and most think he would have been gone by their next pick.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

When is this team going to draft a linebacker early? One of the safer picks you can make... and this team sucks at defense and that begins and ends with their D-Line and LB corps.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

richtedm wrote:When is this team going to draft a linebacker early? One of the safer picks you can make... and this team sucks at defense and that begins and ends with their D-Line and LB corps.
When I saw Rd 2 ended and Dan Connor was still available, I thought it was a no brainer for the Rams in the 3rd.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

You wanted the Rams to draft this guy????

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

At least he is local. Gotta keep up with the Yan Stastny and epic Cam Jansen moves the Blues have pulled off recently!

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Leedog wrote:
richtedm wrote:When is this team going to draft a linebacker early? One of the safer picks you can make... and this team sucks at defense and that begins and ends with their D-Line and LB corps.
When I saw Rd 2 ended and Dan Connor was still available, I thought it was a no brainer for the Rams in the 3rd.
I fully expected them to take Conner. I'm really disappointed that they did not.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen