Kentucky Derby

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Kentucky Derby

Post by Nyghtewynd »

So one of the dirtiest players in the game wins, and the second-place filly is dead before the winner gets back to the starting line.

Face it--you don't need to ban horse racing. Horse racing will ban itself in ten years. No one wants to watch this any more.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Kentucky Derby

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I actually went this year- shitcanned by 1pm in the parking lot, stumbled in at 4:30 :okman:

For the shit of it I threw $10 on Big Brown (no pun intended) and pulled $32 with the victory :grin:

Never been to the race before so it was pretty cool to be there.

I still don't understand all that for 2 minutes? I still don't appreciate the full appeal I guess :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

AJoede:

You obviously weren't on the infield...it isn't about the race so much as the crazy ass party in the middle of what many consider a 'high-class' event. I had a blast this year, it was my first Derby.

I went to the betting window and had the girl there give me Big Brown and 5 other random horses in an exacta...and she gave me 8 Belles. I was really excited about it ($141) until I heard about her having to be put down...then I got over it again.

Whether or not you like horse racing it is still a great time, I recommend it.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Yeah, I'd probably just go for the booze and to say I've been to one.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

rebelmusic wrote: You obviously weren't on the infield...it isn't about the race so much as the crazy ass party in the middle of what many consider a 'high-class' event. I had a blast this year, it was my first Derby.

I went to the betting window and had the girl there give me Big Brown and 5 other random horses in an exacta...and she gave me 8 Belles. I was really excited about it ($141) until I heard about her having to be put down...then I got over it again.

Whether or not you like horse racing it is still a great time, I recommend it.
No, I was definitely in the infield, and I was damn drunk when I got in there, but it was sooooo damn crowded by that point that myself and the two other people I was with did little else besides stumble around, not know where we were going assuming we knew where the hell we where, and bump into people. Guess you gotta show up several hours before the race starts on the infield to get the "party" atmosphere cause I definitely didn't sense it at all being there from 4:30 to 6 when the race started.

The parking lot tailgate I was at was more of a party than anything I saw on the infield... it was mostly just people walking around with drinks in their hands and old people sitting on fold-up chairs :lol:

Still fun to go no doubt, and I can say I've been there.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk