The Beer thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

The Beer thread

Post by SteveO »

It looks like we need one of these...

I didn't drink anything exotic over the weekend. Quantity over quality means Miller Lite for me.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: The Beer thread

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Not beer but this last Saturday at a party I was reacquainted with how much Jack Daniels effs me up. It had been a while.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

stupid age 21 drinking limit :(
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

This weekend I had a homebrew amber ale (only a few bottles of it left now) while brewing a pale ale and then drank some Dale's Pale Ale. I mostly drank lots of water to stay hydrated while moving rocks around doing some landscaping.

Is there a better brown ale than Sammy Smith's Nut Brown Ale? I have yet to find it. Though I do enjoy John Brown Ale too.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

I had Appalachian Lager multi-pack this past week. Pretty decent stuff. They had a Scottish Ale which was ok. The pilsner was good as was the Wheat Ale. There was a 4th kind, but I was to drunk to remember what it was. :okman:

Anyone had this stuff?
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

big d note wrote:This weekend I had a homebrew amber ale (only a few bottles of it left now) while brewing a pale ale and then drank some Dale's Pale Ale. I mostly drank lots of water to stay hydrated while moving rocks around doing some landscaping.

Is there a better brown ale than Sammy Smith's Nut Brown Ale? I have yet to find it. Though I do enjoy John Brown Ale too.
It is hard to find any Sam Smith's I don't like.

This weekend I was in Orlando, and got to sample quite a few from the new-ish Orlando Brewing Company. They had a Doble IPA that was pretty damned good. They also have St. Bernardus (malty Belgian goodness) in four packs down here, so I downed those as well. If any of you ever go to Cicero's, they have it on tap...try it.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

My normal drink is Labatt Blue regular

My celebration drink (such occasions include the last day of the school year) is Moosehead Lager.

Bowling nights I drink Miller Lite because it goes down like water and I can drink buckets of the stuff without getting drunk.

Right now I'm drinking some Labby's.

I got a Labatt variety case one time, assuming that John Labatt doesn't make shit. What I learned very quickly was that I simply don't like dark beers.

We have a guy retiring this June, he's a real prick so I was thinking of picking up a bottle of Old Howling Bastard for him.

They also have, and I'm interested in trying this, a "kosher" beer called He'Brew. "The Chosen Beer". I saw it in the distributor about 2 months ago and didn't pick any up, but I was laughing my ass for a good 10 minutes when I saw it.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

My wife and I are both cracking up over this. :lol:

Glen SCORES! :okman:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

SouthSideSmitty
Prospect
Prospect

Post by SouthSideSmitty »

At a Indians game a 25 oz. Labatt's for $6.50!!! I prefer a Sam Adams, Bud Select or a Red Bull and Vodka...
Don't worry about genius and don't worry about not being clever. Trust rather to hard work, perseverance, and determination.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Cracking this open right now. Nothing like the IPA before dinner.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

I maintain a stock of Bridgeport IPA - very good stuff. I have a co-worker who buys it by the half-barrell.

And Glen, I've had the Hebrew on a couple occassions, I too cracked up when I first saw it, that's basically why I bought it too. It's not bad. It's regularly stocked at the Dierbergs groccer in Creve Couer.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

He'brew makes a Double IPA that is really good.

Lately...had a Unibroue Dom de Dieu, and I'm not sure what it was, but "beer" was not one of those things. Freaky stuff.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Nyghtewynd wrote:He'brew makes a Double IPA that is really good.

Lately...had a Unibroue Dom de Dieu, and I'm not sure what it was, but "beer" was not one of those things. Freaky stuff.
Belgian Strong Pale Ale --- or Freaky stuff will work too. :grin:

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Yuengling - Pennsylvania/East coast beer. Great stuff that should be nation wide

Carlsberg - great Danish beer. very popular in Europe. Especially in the football culture.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

strocklen083 wrote:Yuengling - Pennsylvania/East coast beer. Great stuff that should be nation wide

Carlsberg - great Danish beer. very popular in Europe. Especially in the football culture.
Carlsberg is popular indeed. Their Sort Guld brand (I think it's called "Black Gold" in English) is my favorite beer.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Zima because it is all that is in the fridge and somebody left it here.

BLAH
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

My standard beer is Budweiser

Being from Belleville, I LOVE Stag.

One of my newest faves is Shock Top. If you like Blue Moon, as I do, try Shock Top (Its better than Blue Moon). Also, it gets a lot of flack but, Wild Blue Blueberry Lager is a great beer and it will knock you on your ass if you are not careful, 8% alcohol content.

I also frequent Corona, Guinness, and just about anything that Schlafly puts out.

My favorite microbrewery in St. Louis is Squareone.

For the most part, there are few beers that I wouldn't drink, besides Miller Lite...... I have to try and lick my own asshole after drinking a Miller Lite to get the taste out of my mouth.

Also, Michelob Golden Draft is a great light bodied lager. It's mostly sold in Minnesota and Wisconsin. The only place to find it in St. Louis is if you are an AB employee or if you drive to Red Bud or New Baden, Illinois.

I'm sure I'll be adding more, I'd rather drink beer than most everything.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Guppy wrote:Zima because it is all that is in the fridge and somebody left it here.

BLAH
Did someone leave it there in 1996?

I had no idea Zima was still around. :lol:

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

strocklen083 wrote:Yuengling - Pennsylvania/East coast beer. Great stuff that should be nation wide

I drink Yuengling every time I'm on the East Coast...and as I just got back from Orlando, I had quite a few. Definitely should be nationwide.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

rebelmusic wrote:

I drink Yuengling every time I'm on the East Coast...and as I just got back from Orlando, I had quite a few. Definitely should be nationwide.
++ I live in Philly and I drink my share of Yuengling. :okman:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka