PETA sucks

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

PETA sucks

Post by choppa4 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Are these people completely stupid?
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: PETA sucks

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Are the PETA people stupid? Yep.

Are they going to get a lot of support on this? Yep.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

choppa4 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Are these people completely stupid?
I'm down with that. Horse racing shows some parallels with the barbarism in dog fighting.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It's not the jockeys fault that horses are built like tanks on toothpicks. They have all that weight on weak ass ankles. If anything should be done, horse racing should be completely banned, not the jockey as an individual.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

So are you going to ban horses?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Then we can put 'ludes in the food the wild horses eat so they won't run too fast on their own. We should protect them from themselves.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I've heard about the push for softer artificial surfaces from more than one place.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I admit that I don't know too much about the sport of horse racing, but I've heard that a lot of the horses of today are being bred to have lighter and thinner skeletal systems. If that's the case, it does indeed explain some of this.

Horses are intelligent animals. If they don't want to go into the gate, perhaps they're trying to tell you something.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
But I fail to see why anyone would be against suggestions to improve the conditions or treatment of the horse.
I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Ruutu15 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I don't know much about the sport...so I'd have to hear more about it.
I've found that most people don't care, and when they find out that I'm a vegetarian, they absolutely love to tell me tales about intentionally hitting animals with their car, etc...which just makes them look stupid.
I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Franking) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Frank) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:
Of course, most people don't say things like that, but you would probably be alarmed at how many do.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
I hope you're exaggerating.. Cause that's (Frank) stupid as hell.. God I hate people sometimes. :roll:
Dude, you need to relax. Your destiny has nothing to do with people telling tales of Hyundais hitting squirrels.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Ruutu15 wrote: Of course, most people don't say things like that, but you would probably be alarmed at how many do.
Would he actually be "alarmed?" ;)

Why?

:lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller