Nice article from mlb.com

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Nice article from mlb.com

Post by theohall »

Don't Underestimate Cardinals
Mike Bauman wrote:The success of Tony La Russa's Cardinals teams has typically been a result of a blend; talent and determination, notable ability and a relentless day-to-day approach.
This year, it seems that the determination and the relentless approach are taking a greater share of the load. These Cardinals are grinders, like the best of La Russa's teams.

Then again, if you underestimate the talent on the 2008 Cardinals, you make the mistake that nearly every preseason prognosticator in the known world made.
Click on link above for the rest.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Nice article from mlb.com

Post by stlmark »

Thanks for posting theo. Good article.

How sweet would it be IF(Big IF) we managed to make the playoffs and we had a healthy Carp and Waino at the top of the rotation? :cup: or World Series trophy :mrgreen:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The only media member I heard predict that the Cards would win the NL Central? Skip Bayless. God, I hate the fact that he's actually looking semi-smart.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Heck, my meager guess was 3rd with no shot at the playoffs. I thought the starting pitching would come around mid-season after Carp, Clement and possibly Mulder returned, then the Cards would make a late season run, but it wouldn't be enough.

I sure as heck didn't have much faith in the Cardinals OF production which has been way more than I'm betting most of us expected - Ank excluded.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season