Moving Sale

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

wik
Rookie
Rookie

Moving Sale

Post by wik »

My wife and I are relocating to Indy for my new job, and I want to sell two St. Louis Arena items I've had for about 14 years.

Arena Circle seat, yellow cushion and seat back mounted on blue painted steel legs.

Arena brick with commemorative plaque. About 4"x10"

Like the old barn, both have seen better days, but that makes them more authentic.

Best offer. Prefer to sell as a pair. I'm in Chesterfield for three more weeks, but can deliver.

email me at wknopf@gmail.com

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Moving Sale

Post by SteveO »

We should get a classifieds forum or something.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Where are you going to be living in Indianapolis? Maybe we can catch a game and a beer sometime.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Ruutu15 wrote:Where are you going to be living in Indianapolis? Maybe we can catch a game and a beer sometime.
STALKER ALERT!!! :aaaa:

:ninja:

wik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wik »

We bought out in Avon, IN. We were pleasantly surprised with how far the housing dollar went in the Indy 'burbs, compared to STL. My job will be on West Ohio Street, downtown. Supposedly 35 minutes door to door, but I'm thinking close to an hour in rush hour. I'd love to meet for a drink or lunch. Do you go to the Indy Ice games? I was shocked that a city this big didn't have a higher level minor league hockey team. Why isn't the AHL in this market?

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

wik wrote:We bought out in Avon, IN. We were pleasantly surprised with how far the housing dollar went in the Indy 'burbs, compared to STL. My job will be on West Ohio Street, downtown. Supposedly 35 minutes door to door, but I'm thinking close to an hour in rush hour. I'd love to meet for a drink or lunch. Do you go to the Indy Ice games? I was shocked that a city this big didn't have a higher level minor league hockey team. Why isn't the AHL in this market?
Avon is nice, I live about 10 minutes from there. You will actually be pleasantly surprised at traffic in Indianapolis, and I'd say that Ohio St. downtown to Avon is probably accurate at 35 minutes. They are doing construction on I-465 on the West-side, which has things kinda messed up, but not too bad. That said, you will learn to hate Rockville road (IN-36), which is what EVERYTHING in Avon leads to...it's 4-lanes wide and needs to be 6. That will be the most stressful part of your commute.

Indy used to have the Blackhawks farm team in the IHL (also called the Ice). When the IHL folded, they dropped down to the CHL, and then to the USHL. If you play, their arena is a very nice place for adult league, as is Pan-Am plaza downtown. I play in leagues in both places. As an alternative, there's also the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones, champions this past year, in (obviously) Cincinnati which is only 100 miles away. Columbus is about 150-180 miles away, which makes Blue Jackets games within reach...and of course, Chicago is also not too far.

I think you'll enjoy Indianapolis, although I do like STL better...it's a nice city.

wik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wik »

I like STL better too. It's our hometown and though I've moved away two times before, I always come back. Besides offering a better job and more $$, the thing I like about Indy is that Avon to downtown STL is like three hours -- that's closer than KC or Chicago! I'm sure we'll be back a couple of times a month for sports, shows and family.

And my playing days were 30 years and 40 pounds ago! But I'd love to hook up after we get settled to meet another Blues fan. I guess you get Center Ice to follow the 'Note?

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

wik wrote:I like STL better too. It's our hometown and though I've moved away two times before, I always come back. Besides offering a better job and more $$, the thing I like about Indy is that Avon to downtown STL is like three hours -- that's closer than KC or Chicago! I'm sure we'll be back a couple of times a month for sports, shows and family.

And my playing days were 30 years and 40 pounds ago! But I'd love to hook up after we get settled to meet another Blues fan. I guess you get Center Ice to follow the 'Note?

Ah, I'm a Blackhawks fan, but we should definitely get together when the two teams meet up!