The Beer thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: The Beer thread

Post by goon attack »

What are we expected to do, walk around the CWE hoping to find the place out of sheer luck? :lol:

A name would be helpful. :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

goon attack wrote:What are we expected to do, walk around the CWE hoping to find the place out of sheer luck? :lol:

If you don't have a problem with drinking at a place called Wildflower, then that's your place.

And before the 'ghey' comments come rolling in, it is in a restaurant. Nice little bar though, and the staff is friendly.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

rebelmusic wrote:
goon attack wrote:What are we expected to do, walk around the CWE hoping to find the place out of sheer luck? :lol:

If you don't have a problem with drinking at a place called Wildflower, then that's your place.

And before the 'ghey' comments come rolling in, it is in a restaurant. Nice little bar though, and the staff is friendly.
Oh my... do they affectionately call you "Daisy" in there??

And if I ever went there would I need a chasstity belt?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

rebelmusic wrote:

I've been to Wildflower several times but not in many years, like 7-8. I've only been there to eat and have never been at the bar. It's the place right there on the east side of Euclid, south of W. Pine, right?

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

My homebrew pale ale turned out really tasty and hoppier than I thought, but not too hoppy. The different yeast really helped, I think. Definitely the best beer I've made yet, and surprisingly good for extract beer. I'll definitely have to try this recipe again sometime.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star

Post by rebelmusic »

goon attack wrote:
rebelmusic wrote:

I've been to Wildflower several times but not in many years, like 7-8. I've only been there to eat and have never been at the bar. It's the place right there on the east side of Euclid, south of W. Pine, right?
One in the same. How is the food? I have only gone to drink massive amounts of cheap draft Celebrator. :okman:
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

It was so long ago. Did lunch there a few times with the wife. I remember if was sort of a healthy menu if I'm not mistaken.

I remember I enjoyed it but that's about it.

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

Just got back from a beer tasting @ Lucas on Clarkson & Manchester.

Highlight was Left Hand Milk Stout. VERY different. VERY good. Not a drink-all-day kind of beer. But good.

SixDemonBag
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by SixDemonBag »

Hey Goon; being a Hefe fan, have you tried Erdinger Hefe-Weizen? Very good IMHO. Much crisper than a traditional Hefe. Give it a shot. Can pick it up a the afore-mentioned Lucas Liquors.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

SixDemonBag wrote:Just got back from a beer tasting @ Lucas on Clarkson & Manchester.

Highlight was Left Hand Milk Stout. VERY different. VERY good. Not a drink-all-day kind of beer. But good.
Yeah I've had this beer and you're right it is very good and very well made, but just not at all my style.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Popped a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat tonight. Pretty nice balance with the cherry flavor. Not too overpowering at all.

I like.

(unlike the Belle's Cherry Stout which tasted like ass... with a hint of cherry.)

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Prngr44 wrote:Popped a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat tonight. Pretty nice balance with the cherry flavor. Not too overpowering at all.

I like.

(unlike the Belle's Cherry Stout which tasted like ass... with a hint of cherry.)
Mad props (or whatever the kids call it nowadays) for the subtlety...

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

SixDemonBag wrote:Hey Goon; being a Hefe fan, have you tried Erdinger Hefe-Weizen? Very good IMHO. Much crisper than a traditional Hefe. Give it a shot. Can pick it up a the afore-mentioned Lucas Liquors.
No, but I'll check it out on your recommendation.

I slammed a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout just now and it was stellar. May pop open the Salvator I also purchased today, or may wait until tomorrow.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

bump.

I just bought some Haystack Wheat by Left Hand Brewing Co. out of Colorado.

First sip:

Hmmm. Tastes waaaay more like a true German Hefe than Schlafly's Hefe. Schlafly's should just be called an American Wheat Beer. This is sort of a cross between the true German Hefes and an American Wheat. I'm not sure about this. It's highly drinkable though but pretty watery. It's 5% ABV. I may actually like it better as an everyday beer than the German Hefes. The German hefes are sometimes too much with all their estery goodness and spiciness.

This was on sale at Whole Foods for like 8 bucks. I won't be buying it again although if I saw it on tap somewhere I might buy one.

6.75/10 stars

I may have to pound a Salvator or a SS Oatmeal Stout to save this mini session.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I'm down to my last few bottles of cherry wheat... I'm hoping the Oktoberfest hits the shelves soon.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Cherry Wheat is definitely a good one.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Cherry Wheat is definitely a good one.
quere mo

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Cherry Wheat is definitely a good one.
quere mo
dum bass

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I think my fave beer is just around the corner. I was in the store last night looking at an emtpy "Sam Adams Seasonal" slot and asked why it was empty. They moron said he didn't know why they didn't get anything.

I know why!

Oktoberfest on the way!!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I just tried another one of those haystack wheats last night. One sip and I poured it out.

HOrrible that beer.

change my rating from a 6.5 to a 2.6

serrrrisly