Jim Edmonds

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jim Edmonds

Post by cprice12 »

Everyone is saying he's played quite well for the Cubs since they acquired him...and he was playing well.

However...

On June 15th Edmonds was hitting .234...which was a big improvement over his .167 average he had just a few weeks prior.
But now it's July 5th, and Edmonds batting average is .233. It's actually a point lower than it was a few weeks ago.
From June 16th to July 5th, he only has 11 hits in 48 at bats...which is a .229 avg. over that span. 6 of those 11 hits have been home runs...so that pumps up his RBI total to 10 over those 48 at bats.

He's not going to keep hitting a home run once every 8 at bats, which he has done since June 15th (but he only has one home run in his last 28 at bats...so he's slowing down already), and that means his RBI's will drop off as well....so without his home runs, he really isn't providing anything at the plate.

I think Edmonds had a nice little stretch after the Cubs acquired him, but now he's starting to come back down to earth.
His average sucks and it's been hovering in the .230's for weeks now, and he has looked pretty bad at the plate in the Cards-Cubs series.

Maybe he'll rebound and turn it up again...but I seriously doubt it. He was pretty bad his last two years here (.250 or so average and a serious decline in HR and RBI, plus he couldn't stay healthy) and he was awful in San Diego to start this season.
I dunno. A couple dozen game stretch playing well for the Cubs isn't going to convince me that he's the old Edmonds again.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Jim Edmonds

Post by stlmark »

I hope he hits .130 for the rest of the season as long as he plays for the shitty Cubs.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

Jim Edmonds ... who's that?
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I honestly don't see why he's considered a traitor. The Cubs were the only team that gave him a chance after he was cut by the Padres. I know if I was let go by a company, I would try to go work for, I don't know, a similar company that may have been a rival of the place I just worked.

Besides, 5 months with the Cubs will not erase his 8 years with the Cardinals.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:I honestly don't see why he's considered a traitor. The Cubs were the only team that gave him a chance after he was cut by the Padres. I know if I was let go by a company, I would try to go work for, I don't know, a similar company that may have been a rival of the place I just worked.

Yea I mean what is the guy supposed to do.

"No I won't let you give me another chance at playing in the big leagues just because you're the cubs." :roll: :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

dmiles2186 wrote:I honestly don't see why he's considered a traitor. The Cubs were the only team that gave him a chance after he was cut by the Padres. I know if I was let go by a company, I would try to go work for, I don't know, a similar company that may have been a rival of the place I just worked.

First off, Rally's didn't give a shit when you went to work for Wendy's.

Second, no one considers him a traitor, just a cub...... which makes him shit.

And Aode..... you’re a feg too.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

F Keenan wrote:

Actually, that's not true. I've heard people call him a traitor. My whole point is that, sure he's a Cub and that is indeed shitty, but 5 months with the Cubs will not change my opinion of him ever. It won't take away my adoration for what he did here in St. Louis. It won't taint my opinion of him as one of the greatest Cardinals ever...

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

dmiles2186 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:

Actually, that's not true. I've heard people call him a traitor. My whole point is that, sure he's a Cub and that is indeed shitty, but 5 months with the Cubs will not change my opinion of him ever. It won't take away my adoration for what he did here in St. Louis. It won't taint my opinion of him as one of the greatest Cardinals ever...
Ok, well I have yet to hear anyone I know call him a traitor. I will always love Jimmy Baseball and to me he will always be a Cardinal..... Once he takes off that Cubs uniform.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

F Keenan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:

Ok, well I have yet to hear anyone I know call him a traitor. I will always love Jimmy Baseball and to me he will always be a Cardinal..... Once he takes off that Cubs uniform.
I'm not happy that I've heard people call him a traitor. Those are dumb fans in my mind. But I agree with your thoughts on #15 wholeheartedly. Couldn't have said it better.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

F Keenan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:

Dude...it's Jimmy Ballgame. Get it right.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

In other news, I was listening to the radio around 4 o'clock today and they reported that only a couple hours earlier, Mr. Gay Jim Edmonds himself got married in Clayton. So I guess he is not Potentially, Questionably Gay Jim any more but rather Married in Clayton, Playing for the Cubs Jim.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'll always remember him as "2nd best center fielder in the NL" when he was in his heyday.