Series Thread: Cardinals @ Braves

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Series Thread: Cardinals @ Braves

Post by stlmark »

Did the Cards play a full 9 innings tonight? :?
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

unfortunately, yes.

Jo-El Pineiro continued his obnoxious habit of pitching like crap any time the Cardinals get him a lead. Every time I read STLToday and they talk about Jo-El not having any wins in the past x number of starts... all I think about his him throwing away 2-run or more leads - repeatedly.

Then throw Jimenez entering the game in the 8th of what was a 2-run game and promptly giving up 2 more runs...

The Cardinals lost tonight squarely on the shoulders of crappy pitching.

I know, Mo came on the radio today and said they were going to recall Garcia and put him in the 'pen whenever Ank is "healthy" again and they'd send down either Stavinoha or Mather (please not Mather). IMO, they should let Garcis start and throw Pineiro to the 'pen. He's completely lost it as a starter and looks like the guy the Red Sox dumped.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

theohall wrote:unfortunately, yes.

Jo-El Pineiro continued his obnoxious habit of pitching like crap any time the Cardinals get him a lead. Every time I read STLToday and they talk about Jo-El not having any wins in the past x number of starts... all I think about his him throwing away 2-run or more leads - repeatedly.

Then throw Jimenez entering the game in the 8th of what was a 2-run game and promptly giving up 2 more runs...

The Cardinals lost tonight squarely on the shoulders of crappy pitching.

I know, Mo came on the radio today and said they were going to recall Garcia and put him in the 'pen whenever Ank is "healthy" again and they'd send down either Stavinoha or Mather (please not Mather). IMO, they should let Garcis start and throw Pineiro to the 'pen. He's completely lost it as a starter and looks like the guy the Red Sox dumped.
I'm sick of Pineiro and I have never like Jimenez. I want to see Perez up for Jimenez and bring up Garcia.

I agree on Mather. He needs to stay here. Bye Stavinoha.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka