Series Thread: Phillies @ Cards

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Series Thread: Phillies @ Cards

Post by theohall »

Fri Aug 1, Cole Hamels, LHP (9-6, 3.27) @ Kyle Lohse, RHP (12-3, 3.68), 7:15 PM CT
Sat Aug 2, Joe Blanton, RHP (5-12, 5.13) @ Braden Looper, RHP (10-8, 4.38), 6:15 PM CT
Sun Aug 3, Brett Myers, RHP (4-9, 5.46) @ Todd Wellemeyer, RHP (8-4, 4.13), 7:05 PM CT

I have no idea how this series is going to play out.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Series Thread: Phillies @ Cards

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Those last 2 Phillies pitchers don't look too intimidating.. And we got Lohse against Hamels.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Those last 2 Phillies pitchers don't look too intimidating.. And we got Lohse against Hamels.
The problem isn't the Phillies pitching. They've been hitting well over the past couple of weeks. Will the Cardinals generate enough offense to counter our pitching giving up at least 3 runs every game?

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

theohall wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Those last 2 Phillies pitchers don't look too intimidating.. And we got Lohse against Hamels.
The problem isn't the Phillies pitching. They've been hitting well over the past couple of weeks. Will the Cardinals generate enough offense to counter our pitching giving up at least 3 runs every game?
Good question. I'm afraid we lose 2 out of 3.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

stlmark wrote:
theohall wrote:
Good question. I'm afraid we lose 2 out of 3.
Well... we took one already and the Cubs lost 8)

I don't like the Brewers having 2 games in hand though.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

god the game jut came on espn and i forgot how much i hate joe morgan...im turning on the raido
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

what the (Frank) is wrong with our bullpen
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kreegz2 wrote:what the (Frank) is wrong with our bullpen
Jaime Garcia gave up a 1 run and got an out then TLR pulled him. Why? I don't know. Although, Springer has been real good lately and tonight was the 1st time he's screwed up in awhile.

What the (frank) is up with the Cardinals lack of patience at the plate any time there are 2 or more men on base? Heck, Cesar Izturis was the most patient hitter all night w/ 2 men on - and he wound up getting hit by a pitch. What the (frank) does it say when CI is the most patient hitter with RISP in the lineup??

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

the last two at bats in the game were absolutely pathetic

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

stinkdified wrote:the last two at bats in the game were absolutely pathetic
Which is what should happen with an experienced pitcher like Lidge going up against 2 rookies. What I can't figure out is why someone didn't say something to Mather before his AB after Lidge took out Stavinoha with nothing but sliders. Because the last two pitches he threw Mather were sliders, as well. He should've been given a "take" sign - especially with the bases loaded. I ain't gonna lay all this on the rookie hitters.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

theohall wrote:
stinkdified wrote:the last two at bats in the game were absolutely pathetic
Which is what should happen with an experienced pitcher like Lidge going up against 2 rookies. What I can't figure out is why someone didn't say something to Mather before his AB after Lidge took out Stavinoha with nothing but sliders. Because the last two pitches he threw Mather were sliders, as well. He should've been given a "take" sign - especially with the bases loaded. I ain't gonna lay all this on the rookie hitters.
oh no man, im not blaming it all on them...lidge is a killer pitcher and i could see mather going up against him mabye, but why they decided to put that other LF dude in as a pinch hitter...i have no idea.
BC said it pretty well in the ducan sucks thread
BoxCar wrote:Then Stavinoha and Mather. In time, these guys could be good hitters at the ML level but they just did not have the ML experience with pitchers like Lidge to catch up to or predict any of his stuff. This is one of the first times I've noticed the less experienced guys really showing their inexperience. Their job as outfielders at the plate is to get the ball into the outfield. Neither could make contact save for a foul tip.