Billy Bob Thornton is the new Freddy Krueger

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Billy Bob Thornton is the new Freddy Krueger

Post by SIU LAW »

Billy Bob Thornton is the new Freddy Krueger in the upcoming Elm Street remake. :lol:

It's a Michael Bay movie. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0550160/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Billy Bob Thornton is the new Freddy Krueger

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Why does Michael Bay get to keeeep on making movies?! I guess Pearl Harbor sucked.. Just a little bit more than I miss you!

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Terrible.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but hasn't Robert Englund played all the other Freddy roles?

Those movies used to scare the piss out of me when I was little, but now they're just silly. Same goes for the Friday the 13th movies. Actually, the first Freddy is still pretty cool. :lol:

My all-time favorite of the genre would have to be the first Halloween movie. (franking) classic.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

STL JA wrote:I'm too lazy to look it up, but hasn't Robert Englund played all the other Freddy roles?
Yes.
STL JA wrote:Those movies used to scare the piss out of me when I was little, but now they're just silly. Same goes for the Friday the 13th movies. Actually, the first Freddy is still pretty cool. :lol:
Freddy was cool even when the movies were lame.

They are remaking Friday the 13th too. They are taking the first three movies and merging them together/remaking them. There is a trailer floating out there somewhere I've read.
STL JA wrote:My all-time favorite of the genre would have to be the first Halloween movie. (franking) classic.
Yup. It still owns and is my favorite as well.

To a point, I can kind of understand the remakes of the horror classics. Some of these characters are iconic, and they have to be pulled in the 21st century. Sometimes so much time has passed, that it is hard to pick up where the olds left off or the back stories are so dated that it is hard to do anything but reboot them. But, it is often not done well at all.

With that said, I thought I would hate the Halloween remake, and it was not bad at all. Not the original classic, but I was pleasantly surprised.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

How many remakes can they make? Geez...come up with something original.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

northwest dave wrote:How many remakes can they make? Geez...come up with something original.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Anything for a buck.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

If you're short on funds or going through rough times just make a Freddie movie. Apparently anyone can do it.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko