Need some help with blues vids

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Need some help with blues vids

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

I have some Blues .flv videos on my computer of Blues highlights and I want to convert them over to mpg or avi so I can edit them with windows movie maker. Well I have been converting them using Magic Video Converter and then using the windows movie maker to take out parts of the video I want. Well when I post them on youtube they are all grainy(youtube search "Perron 2 quick goals"). Whats the hang up in the situation? I have no idea because on my computer I can't see a difference after using those 2 programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can put up some awesome Blues videos. :letsgoblues:

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Need some help with blues vids

Post by abc789987 »

every video i have seen made in windows movie maker has been turned out to be very crappy quality. although this was a while ago and on a low end computer...

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

anytime i needed to convert a file like that i used a program called "fraps" which records everything on your screen. I just started the video at full screen and recorded it using fraps, which automatically saves files as .avi . Then you can use those videos as you please. I used this method to make these 2 vids:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

hmmm I actually use fraps for benchmarking and have never thought to use the video capture feature. I'll try it out thanks. btw my youtube username is Oshie84.