Best band from each state

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Best band from each state

Post by WaukeeBlues »

That's exactly why I hate referring to "metal" as being my genre because there isn't just "metal;" it has to be one of a million subcategories.

I call it modern edge rock or just rock and leave it at that.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

WaukeeBlues wrote:That's exactly why I hate referring to "metal" as being my genre because there isn't just "metal;" it has to be one of a million subcategories.

gaymo
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:That's exactly why I hate referring to "metal" as being my genre because there isn't just "metal;" it has to be one of a million subcategories.

gaymo
:lol: :lol:

whatever you say goon...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Montana = The Clintons

http://www.myspace.com/theclintons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.clintonsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote: Did you know that Kelly Shaefer of Atheist was one of 6 singers considered by Velvet Revolver?
I didn't think that someone else on this board would know that, hah. I am obsessed with Atheist. Such a great band, and puts on a hell of a live show, even today.
I'm sure you know this already, but Florida's finest is working on a new album.
Vocalist Kelly Shaefer of legendary technical death metal band Atheist has issued the following update about new Atheist material:

"[I'm] heading to Atlanta next Friday to jam with Atheist drummer and my best friend Mr. Steve Flynn, this will mark the first time we have written together since 1991's 'Unquestionable Presence'. So I am curious how it will sound. I know it will be sick, there is a formula that me and Flynn have that automatically sounds like Atheist...so it will be fun to hear what it will sound like. And who knows? If it it goes well...?? We will see what happens."

Source: Blabbermouth
If they could top Unquestionable Presence... eh, I shouldn't expect the unrealistic.

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:
StillBleedingBlue wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote: Did you know that Kelly Shaefer of Atheist was one of 6 singers considered by Velvet Revolver?
I didn't think that someone else on this board would know that, hah. I am obsessed with Atheist. Such a great band, and puts on a hell of a live show, even today.
I'm sure you know this already, but Florida's finest is working on a new album.
Vocalist Kelly Shaefer of legendary technical death metal band Atheist has issued the following update about new Atheist material:

"[I'm] heading to Atlanta next Friday to jam with Atheist drummer and my best friend Mr. Steve Flynn, this will mark the first time we have written together since 1991's 'Unquestionable Presence'. So I am curious how it will sound. I know it will be sick, there is a formula that me and Flynn have that automatically sounds like Atheist...so it will be fun to hear what it will sound like. And who knows? If it it goes well...?? We will see what happens."

Source: Blabbermouth
If they could top Unquestionable Presence... eh, I shouldn't expect the unrealistic.
Yeah, I heard this one. I'm a bit skiddish about this, since I didn't even think Kelly could still manage to play guitar like he used to given his carpal tunnel. Atheist is my favorite band, followed by Cynic, so to hear about both of them making/possibly making new albums is great, but I'm still a little apprehensive, given their respective legacies.

On a side note, the band Quo Vadis, I'm not sure if you listen to them or not, officially disbanded yesterday. The Montreal tech-death scene is getting hard lately, with Cryptopsy's god-awful new album, and then this. Looks like its up to Martyr and Negativa to deliver some good news.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

What do you mean "Cryptopsy's god-awful new album"? According to Flo Mounier, it's their most brutal evar!

:roll:

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

ksbluesfan wrote:What do you mean "Cryptopsy's god-awful new album"? According to Flo Mounier, it's their most brutal evar!

:roll:
Hahaha, Flo is an ass. This album attracts the hot topic mallcore kids like flies to sh1t. This band has come a long way from "None So Vile"... From interesting, technical grind to the ever-so-br00tal BREAKDOWNS.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Update:

Minnesota - Husker Du vs. The Replacements. Thoughts? I put Husker Du in the list for now.

Maine - suxors. I'm thinking about this guy even though he's not a band just because his name is awesome:
In the colonial era, the talented composer, singer, and compiler of tune books and Maine resident Supply Belcher (1751–1836) was known in his time as "the Handel of Maine." Belcher organized the first choir in Maine.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Husker Du was more influential. Prince probably owns Minnesota, but he's not a band.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

ksbluesfan wrote:Husker Du was more influential. Prince probably owns Minnesota, but he's not a band.
and the New Revolution