Xbox live-DSL or Cable?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Xbox live-DSL or Cable?

Post by crazy blues fan »

What works better for Xbox live DSL or cable? And is it better to have a wired setup compared to having a wireless setup?
Thanks to Viper for the great sig!

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Xbox live-DSL or Cable?

Post by Mark »

JMHO, but cable is gonna be better for wired or wireless connections. More bandwidth & a direct connection coming into your house. Cable comes at a cost, and a frustration of dealing with the cable companies. Personally, I've got DSL and it is suitable for me because I'm not playing online games 24/7.

When it comes to wireless though, I simply wouldn't bother. If you have to run some wire in your house - do it.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

My DSL works just fine... I have 1.5mbps

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for the answers.

I moved to a new house and since then I have had major lag issues. I have DSL. I got a wireless setup but everyone I talk to says that I sould go back to wired.

One more question. I ran a few broadband speed tests and I was around 1280 download and 315 upload. I don't know really what that means. Could this be part of my issue?

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

1280 (i.e. 1.28 MBps) download is pretty slow these days. I get over 5 Mbps at my house.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

crazy blues fan
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks. My wife called and got us upgraded but not till Thursday. They have to do something outside the house.