Budweiser American Ale...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Budweiser American Ale...

Post by F Keenan »

...is fantastic. :okman:

I had switched off AB to Sam Adams, Schlaffly, etc. post InBev, but I am very pleased with the new APA from AB. Anyone else tried it? I'm sure some beer snob in here is going to go on and on about it being a macrobrew, but that being the case it' still a great beer.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Budweiser American Ale...

Post by big d note »

I've been wanting to check this out, but wanted to get one at a restaurant first rather than ponying up for a full 6-pack and maybe not liking it. I like the Michelob Porter and some of the other smaller beers that A-B has made.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

F Keenan wrote:...is fantastic. :okman:

I had switched off AB to Sam Adams, Schlaffly, etc. post InBev, but I am very pleased with the new APA from AB. Anyone else tried it? I'm sure some beer snob in here is going to go on and on about it being a macrobrew, but that being the case it' still a great beer.
I don't like Pale Ales too much so I doubt I'll try it.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I had some fresh stuff on draft at the Taste of St. Louis. Not too bad, but I like Sam Adams better.

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

goon attack wrote:
F Keenan wrote:...is fantastic. :okman:

I don't like Pale Ales too much so I doubt I'll try it.
What about Palin Ales? :mrgreen:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Did you see the way that shiny black skirt hugged her hips and ass? I had an instachubrow.

MC Plugs: "Come to Grampa and gimme a little rub of that moose knuckle...that's what I'm talking about."

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Worst beer I've ever had, bar none. And I'm not kidding. Worse than Oly, worse than the Beast, worse than all of it. It's colored water even more so that Bud Light. I took two drinks and threw it away.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

goon attack wrote:Did you see the way that shiny black skirt hugged her hips and ass? I had an instachubrow.

MC Plugs: "Come to Grampa and gimme a little rub of that moose knuckle...that's what I'm talking about."
What a babe. Gorgeous...

And oh yeah, I tried the American Pale shit... I hated it.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Worst beer I've ever had, bar none. And I'm not kidding. Worse than Oly, worse than the Beast, worse than all of it. It's colored water even more so that Bud Light. I took two drinks and threw it away.
Thanks for the heads up before I ever had the idiotic idea of trying it. :lol:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Worst beer I've ever had, bar none. And I'm not kidding. Worse than Oly, worse than the Beast, worse than all of it. It's colored water even more so that Bud Light. I took two drinks and threw it away.
Thanks for the heads up before I ever had the idiotic idea of trying it. :lol:
Yeah, why would you want to see for yourself?
I plan on trying it...I may like it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

cprice12 wrote: Yeah, why would you want to see for yourself?
I dunno, maybe I look at beer the way you look at politics. I know what I like and there's no need to expand my horizons.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Has a skunk taste to it...

Terrible.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Somewhat OT, but still beer related, I went to Friar Tucks for the first time yesterday. I nearly had an erection when I got to their beer section.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

F Keenan wrote:Somewhat OT, but still beer related, I went to Friar Tucks for the first time yesterday. I nearly had an erection when I got to their beer section.
Ever been to Cicerio's in the Delmar Loop?

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

STL JA wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Somewhat OT, but still beer related, I went to Friar Tucks for the first time yesterday. I nearly had an erection when I got to their beer section.
Great selection of beers. I highly recommend their pizza.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

STL JA wrote:Has a skunk taste to it...

Terrible.
All supposed high quality beers have a skunk taste to it.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Just so you guys know, Friar Tucks is a liquor store, not a bar...... yes, Cicerio's is good though.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

OS wrote:
STL JA wrote:Has a skunk taste to it...

Terrible.
All supposed high quality beers have a skunk taste to it.

Could also be due to the beer being mishandled at some point. If it was left on a loading dock in the sun for a few hours, then brought into a refrigerator.... then to an non refrigerated section of a store, then into your fridge would equate to a skunky taste. Did you buy the beer at Dierbergs or a liquor store that sells single cigarettes?????

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

deadphish wrote:
STL JA wrote:
Great selection of beers. I highly recommend their pizza.
++

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I looked for this at the liquor store last night but couldn't find it. Bought Sam Adams Oktoberfest instead. I'm ready for hockey to start now!
:letsgoblues:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now