MIZ-ZOU

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

MIZ-ZOU

Post by BoxCar »

Tigers are 4-0 and start conference play tonight against Nebraska where they haven't won in 30 years. Nebraska also hasn't lost a home conference opener in 30 years.

Mizzou's schedule:

Illinois (STL) W 52-42
SEMO W 52-3
Nevada W 69-17
Buffalo W 42-21
@ Nebraska
Oklahoma ST
@ Texas
Colorado
@ Baylor
Kansas ST
@ Iowa ST
Kansas (KC)

Potential undefeated season since this year is a little easier than last (no Oklahoma). Texas will be really difficult and this Nebraska game could be a tough one to win given the psychological barrier they need (maybe?) to overcome.

Willy Mo is back tonight against Nebraska.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: MIZ-ZOU

Post by JCShutout »

Oklahoma St. is ranked and shoulden't be overlooked ether, and if Oklahoma doesn't lose, they wait at the Big 12 championship game.

That said, I'm excited for Mizzou. A couple of breaks and New Years Day could be glorious. Long way to go though.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

Mizzou's schedule this year is almost as easy as KU's last year.
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I can't wait for the inevitable Tyus Edney moment. There just isn't enough hope built up yet. But it'll happen. It always does.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I really wish we had a game against Oklahoma so we could see how good this teamm really is or isn't. I don't see anyone on our schedule I'm afraid of. We should dominate every opponent.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Uh... dude... Texas is ranked 5th in the nation. If you think we should dominate the 5th ranked team in the country then there's not much doubt in your mind how good this team is. :wink:
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

OS wrote:Uh... dude... Texas is ranked 5th in the nation. If you think we should dominate the 5th ranked team in the country then there's not much doubt in your mind how good this team is. :wink:
There probably isn't.. But it's not about my doubt it's about the BCS douches who already snubbed us last year in favor of teams we beat. I want to wipe out any doubt that this team is for real and to do that we have to beat OU.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Eh, what matters is the title game. Right now Mizzou controls their own destiny. To go undefeated they'll have to beat Texas on the road and then Oklahoma or Texas in the Big 12 Championship game on a neutral field. If they pull that off, there's no way they're not in the title game.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie