Rivermen to play 2 games at Scottrade

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Rivermen to play 2 games at Scottrade

Post by Kyle1512 »

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x726385385 ... on-at-Iowa
It's possible one or two of those weeknight home games could be moved to Scottrade Center in St. Louis as part of an AHL showcase on the home ice of the parent club St. Louis Blues.
A weeknight game in St. Louis isn't going to get Peoria fans to attend. Would have been better to have the day-night double header with the Rivermen and Blues. At least give the fans a choice, even if they don't attend both games.

Reality_Czech
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Rivermen to play 2 games at Scottrade

Post by Reality_Czech »

Kyle1512 wrote:http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x726385385 ... on-at-Iowa
It's possible one or two of those weeknight home games could be moved to Scottrade Center in St. Louis as part of an AHL showcase on the home ice of the parent club St. Louis Blues.
A weeknight game in St. Louis isn't going to get Peoria fans to attend. Would have been better to have the day-night double header with the Rivermen and Blues. At least give the fans a choice, even if they don't attend both games.
My guess is that the idea is not necessarily to get a boatload of Peorians to make the trek down to the Lou for the game... the idea is to create an opportunity for Blues fans in the St. Louis area to get a good look at what the organ-i-zation has playing in the AHL.

I'm sure there will be a lot of Peorians coming down for the game, though... they can be back to Peoria by midnight after the game is over (just don't speed through Springfield; the State boys patrol I-55 heavily between the Chatham exit and the Williamsville exit).

R_C

yougotdpd
Prospect
Prospect

Post by yougotdpd »

gotta love the speedtraps in central illinois. I wouldn't mind seeing the rivermen down here....I hear the arena in Peoria gets crazy though. It's only 2 hours to Peoria, I'm thinking road trip!

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

yougotdpd wrote:gotta love the speedtraps in central illinois. I wouldn't mind seeing the rivermen down here....I hear the arena in Peoria gets crazy though. It's only 2 hours to Peoria, I'm thinking road trip!
I've tried a few times to get a group outing lined up for Peoria but it has never really taken off.

I guess I suck at organ-i-zation.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I guess this is the only way Lemtyugov is going to get to see the light of day at an NHL arena this season.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024