Wrath of the Lich King

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Wrath of the Lich King

Post by Kreegz2 »

I never really got into the pve aspect of the game. I've done some lower level raids like SSC and TK but never got to Hyjal/BT. My main focus has always been on pvp.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Kreegz2 wrote:I never really got into the pve aspect of the game. I've done some lower level raids like SSC and TK but never got to Hyjal/BT. My main focus has always been on pvp.
They both get boring.

I'm done with the game. I haven't played since early June.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

STL JA wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:I never really got into the pve aspect of the game. I've done some lower level raids like SSC and TK but never got to Hyjal/BT. My main focus has always been on pvp.
They both get boring.

I'm done with the game. I haven't played since early June.
You said that last year.. Then you did like 20 levels in 3 days. :lol:

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

We get it.. Some of you don't play and think it's lame.. Stop clicking the thread then, retards. :lol:

All you're doing is proving that you're insecure about the fact that you don't get it.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

If Curt deems this political he can remove it.. But I lol'd.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

lol @ Obama pic. Nicely done.

I am not a big PvP fan. Do it once in a while with guild premades, but I play alliance to it's such a clusterfuk if you pug BGs. On a PvE server world PvP is lame.

My guild hadn't gotten all that far in sunwell pre-nerf because (those of you that PvE know) Sunwell wasn't a linear progression from BT. But post nerf I am cranking 3k+ sustained dps on my toon.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

3k+ in pvp gear? SS or it didn't happen. I consider myself decently geared and have to push hard for 2k.. Actually I'd taken pride in the fact that in BC I really haven't dedicated myself to the game much.. I didn't have a single piece of gear from any 25-man instance, but my gear was very compareable to those that had decked out in them and I could pull of similar dps numbers. All my stuff was either from badges, 10-mans, pvp (just my swords), and sometimes from various heroics. But this last week some guys decided to 20-man vashj just for the achievement and I got a piece of loot out of it.

Anyways.. I'm still pumped.. Just over 5 days to go til midnight release. :grin:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:3k+ in pvp gear? SS or it didn't happen. I consider myself decently geared and have to push hard for 2k.. Actually I'd taken pride in the fact that in BC I really haven't dedicated myself to the game much.. I didn't have a single piece of gear from any 25-man instance, but my gear was very compareable to those that had decked out in them and I could pull of similar dps numbers. All my stuff was either from badges, 10-mans, pvp (just my swords), and sometimes from various heroics. But this last week some guys decided to 20-man vashj just for the achievement and I got a piece of loot out of it.

Anyways.. I'm still pumped.. Just over 5 days to go til midnight release. :grin:
No,lol, you don't pve in pvp gear. 3k + dps on brutalis in pve gears with a BM Hunter. 20 man vashj... I haven't tried that yet - did kael to help some people with vials, but that's it pre-BT/Hyjal since patch.

I had 1700+ 3's team in S3 (Resto drood and enhance shammy), but didn't play S4. I will arena @ 80 to get a jump on my PvE gears as my guild pushes new raid content. The new BGs look interesting and the beta folks say they are pretty different/sort cool so I will check those out some too.

Pre-order ftw. Can't wait to get my copy and start lvling again, lol.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

3k is still crazy high.. We're one of the best guilds on our server and don't think anyone is pushing 3k.. Hell pre-patch 1k was considered pretty good.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Nyghtewynd wrote:I think we need a government translator assigned to this thread.
After reading the last few posts I give this a big :plusplus:

All the WoW jargon makes me happy that I've stuck with D&D instead.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:3k is still crazy high.. We're one of the best guilds on our server and don't think anyone is pushing 3k.. Hell pre-patch 1k was considered pretty good.
You guys need some gearz, lol. 1400 dps was an off night in BT for me pre-patch. Could pull 2k easy on fights like gorefiend and akama.

and ya, 3k was crazy high, but brutallis is a tank 'n spank dps race. Post nerf it's not hard at all, but it was a total gut check pre-nerf.

Crit chain on trash:

:lol:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Akama.. lol... That guy belongs in Wailing Caverns not Black Temple.

And we're pretty geared actually.. Mostly t5 or equivalent. I been with the same guild since early 2006 back when downing Onyxia was a big achievement.

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

I've preordered. I have Thursdays off in my school schedule so I'll be playing from midnight on. Recently I've been bored with WoW since it is pointless to do anything with a 70 with WOTLK so close and I'm tired of leveling. I have a 70 Lock and Pally on Alliance PvE and a 70 Druid on Horde PvP. My roommate decided we needed to try horde pvp and now I'm basically stuck on that server even though my Lock is much better and more fun and my pally could be the most OP class in the game right now with a quick respec. I may end up moving my Mock to ally PvP since I like the PvP part but wish I had my chars back. Plus, Alliance > Horde in my opinion.

Re: the Death Knight. I was certain that they said the starting zone for death knights would be instanced to avoid a giant lag orgy. At least for the first few levels while you get used to the class. Then you will go to Hellfire and meet up with a few thousand other DK's, God help you if you are on a PvP server then.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

I can't for the life of me get into alliance.. It's so boring, and I can never find a group that isn't comprised entirely of 13 y/o kids. STL JA got me to roll a draenei with him for a while, but I quit in the mid 40s and went back to horde. Maybe one day I'll finish that toon up.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I can't for the life of me get into alliance.. It's so boring, and I can never find a group that isn't comprised entirely of 13 y/o kids. STL JA got me to roll a draenei with him for a while, but I quit in the mid 40s and went back to horde. Maybe one day I'll finish that toon up.
My guild rolls premade alliance side and pwns face. 4 cap and graveyard stand, shut out on flags, etc. Epic fun. Most of my guild is over 25, so the 13 yo may be just your server or the fact that you don't have the right ally guild. Horde are ugly, I couldn't look at horde all day without puking a little in my mouth all the time. :lol:

Tonight is the night! WotLK FTW!

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Just dinged 71, only took 6 hours :roll:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

I'm 72.. But after spending most of the last 48 hours going pretty hardcore, I think I'm wearing myself down.. Prob goin much slower the rest of the way.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Just hit 74. hoping to be atleast 77 by the end of the weekend.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

So how many 80s are there already? (Franking) uber nerds... :lol: