Well, this is interesting.

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

McClement9
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Well, this is interesting.

Post by McClement9 »

Philo wrote:
goon attack wrote:Of course I'm a :moran:

fixed
Zing?

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

glen a richter wrote:Thank god for all the OTHER countries that did something about controlling greenhouse emissions while former-president Bush was busy fighting revenge wars against Iraq and being a puppet for Cheney and Co.

There's still much work to be done though, for starters the US getting involved in similar controls by way of reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

And by the way, if you don't like a socially responsible administration, then get the hell out. I'm sure there's plenty of room for you in a country more understanding of your backwards ideology, like Iran for example.
If you want to save the Earth from global warming, time to turn your computer off, your furnace off, and walk to work. Want to cut CO2 levels like the Kyoto Protocol suggests? Everyone will have to live like Kenyans, only without the droopy-boobed chicks from National Geographic. Sound appealing to you?

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

the knob wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Thank god for all the OTHER countries that did something about controlling greenhouse emissions while former-president Bush was busy fighting revenge wars against Iraq and being a puppet for Cheney and Co.

There's still much work to be done though, for starters the US getting involved in similar controls by way of reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

And by the way, if you don't like a socially responsible administration, then get the hell out. I'm sure there's plenty of room for you in a country more understanding of your backwards ideology, like Iran for example.
If you want to save the Earth from global warming, time to turn your computer off, your furnace off, and walk to work. Want to cut CO2 levels like the Kyoto Protocol suggests? Everyone will have to live like Kenyans, only without the droopy-boobed chicks from National Geographic. Sound appealing to you?
Dude, some of those Kenyan droopy-boob chicks are hot! Throw a long ass neck on there too, wow.
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the knob wrote: If you want to save the Earth from global warming, time to turn your computer off, your furnace off, and walk to work. Want to cut CO2 levels like the Kyoto Protocol suggests? Everyone will have to live like Kenyans, only without the droopy-boobed chicks from National Geographic. Sound appealing to you?
Look, if those droopy-boobed chicks were good enough for us at age 11, they are good enough for us now!

oh wait, you said "without."

never mind. :|
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm neutral on this, because as I said before, I'm not a scientist and I really think that the issue has been politicized to death on BOTH sides. So without the barbs at each other, why do those of you with strong opinions on this feel the way that you do? Both sides. I'm just curious...

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I'm a card-carrying Sierra Club member and ride the light rail to work, so you can probably guess how I lean on environmental issues, but even I agree that some of the global warming people are too strident and narrow-minded in their beliefs. It's beyond science and has become a fanatical religion for some of them. Here's some excerpts from an e-mail from a professor from a mailing list that has nothing to even do with the environment or global warming, but he felt compelled to express his views on the topic anyway:
On the other hand, non-green buildings are the single largest
contributor to carbon emissions causing global warming and the
depletion of fossil fuels that there is. If we do not correct this
problem, and we needed to start 20 years ago so we're a bit behind,
we've got much, much, much bigger problems than not having the best
schools. We need to be trying to make every single new building the
lowest carbon emission, most energy efficient buildings we can.

I believe the primary concern all building designsin must be carbon
and energy footprint first, occupant performance second. Well
designed buildings can provide both. Most buildings provide either
one or the other. Bad buildings provide neither.

The latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
(IPCC) showed that the rate of warming is increasing even more than
predicted. We need to be doing even more to reduce the carbon
footprint and energy use in buildings than we already are.

The sky is burning people. Look up and open your eyes.
:roll:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now