Introducing Myself

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by section319 »

Ruutu15 wrote:I don't really like rap, but I've especially never understood why Tupac was so well-liked. He has to be the most overrated rapper of all time.

You are (Franking) kidding right? He is the best rapper ever, his lyrics are unmatched, the beats on his shit are unmatched, the amount of music he dropped while he has alive, while never repeating himself in the same song over and over again. The rappers now a day are horrible, their rhymes are ridiculous and stupid. Songs like "This is why im hot" and soulja boy are the epitome of why rap is shit now. Stupid lyrics, repetition that is beyond annoying, and shitty poppy beats, and thats what people like now and it is just disgusting. 2pac is probably rolling over in his grave right now with all of this shit out on the radio getting so popular. Rap sucks now a days, and so do all the rappers who have sold out; for example snoop dog having a reality show on a&e, ice cube doing shitty movies and so on. And I may be going out on a limb to say this but if it weren't for 2pac, biggie, and eazy-e dying and gangsta rap dying with them, rap wouldn't be as shitty as it is now. And I know no one on this board is really a rap fan but that is just my 2 cents, on the subject of 2pac and the dire situation rap is in.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

section319 wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:I don't really like rap, but I've especially never understood why Tupac was so well-liked. He has to be the most overrated rapper of all time.

You are (Frank) kidding right? He is the best rapper ever, his lyrics are unmatched, the beats on his shit are unmatched, the amount of music he dropped while he has alive, while never repeating himself in the same song over and over again. The rappers now a day are horrible, their rhymes are ridiculous and stupid. Songs like "This is why im hot" and soulja boy are the epitome of why rap is shit now. Stupid lyrics, repetition that is beyond annoying, and shitty poppy beats, and thats what people like now and it is just disgusting. 2pac is probably rolling over in his grave right now with all of this shit out on the radio getting so popular. Rap sucks now a days, and so do all the rappers who have sold out; for example snoop dog having a reality show on a&e, ice cube doing shitty movies and so on. And I may be going out on a limb to say this but if it weren't for 2pac, biggie, and eazy-e dying and gangsta rap dying with them, rap wouldn't be as shitty as it is now. And I know no one on this board is really a rap fan but that is just my 2 cents, on the subject of 2pac and the dire situation rap is in.
I've never really liked rap. Every so often I'd like a rap song that came out because it was catchy or had clever lyrics or whatever...but rap is by far and away the biggest bunch of crap in the music industry.

Rap is to music as the NBA is to sports.

No offense to anyone who enjoys rap...I just don't get it...at all. Just my opinion.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I agree with the repetition bit... they get a catchy hook and crank out 5 or 6 songs to the same snippet of music.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

section319 wrote:
goon attack wrote:we're all a little safer since that douchebag got offed.

just saying

You really think a rapper in Los Angeles endangered your life in St. Louis. And don't give me the usual about how his music made the kids dangerous or whatever reason you could possibly have for calling him a douchebag, that endangered you or anyone else on this board.
One less douchebag living tH4 Thu6 life, hence one less douchebag other people want to hurl bullets at. Fukken DUH.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

section319 wrote: He is the best rapper ever
That's like saying somebody is the best at taking a shit.
his lyrics are unmatched
You mean by elementary school age kids they are unmatched? Ring Around the Rosy is about as creative as the best rap lyric.

Tupac Shakur getting offed only made this world a better place.

and btw, I used to live in Los Angeles, mensa.

Fukk this piece of shit.

I hope he rots in hell.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:

You are (Frank) kidding right? He is the best rapper ever, his lyrics are unmatched, the beats on his shit are unmatched, the amount of music he dropped while he has alive, while never repeating himself in the same song over and over again. The rappers now a day are horrible, their rhymes are ridiculous and stupid. Songs like "This is why im hot" and soulja boy are the epitome of why rap is shit now. Stupid lyrics, repetition that is beyond annoying, and shitty poppy beats, and thats what people like now and it is just disgusting. 2pac is probably rolling over in his grave right now with all of this shit out on the radio getting so popular. Rap sucks now a days, and so do all the rappers who have sold out; for example snoop dog having a reality show on a&e, ice cube doing shitty movies and so on. And I may be going out on a limb to say this but if it weren't for 2pac, biggie, and eazy-e dying and gangsta rap dying with them, rap wouldn't be as shitty as it is now. And I know no one on this board is really a rap fan but that is just my 2 cents, on the subject of 2pac and the dire situation rap is in.

Right. Ice Cube may be shit now, but him and Eazy-E are the best rappers of all time, IMO.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Ruutu15 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Right. Ice Cube may be shit now, but him and Eazy-E are the best rappers of all time, IMO.
That's wiggity wiggity wiggity whack.

2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

[youtube][/youtube]

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

goon attack wrote:
his lyrics are unmatched
You mean by elementary school age kids they are unmatched? Ring Around the Rosy is about as creative as the best rap lyric.

Fukk this piece of shit.

I hope he rots in hell.

You are ridiculous, these are the kind of the arguments you get into people who don't like rap, such things as it doesn't take talent and anyone can do it. Ya, anyone can rap, anyone can rhyme even elementary school aged children as you stated. It isn't about it being a unique quality only for a handful of people it is about who can do it with some talent, who can come up with rhymes, that are a little harder and not as ridiculous as the video posted. Not everyone can make beats like Dre, so many songs have stupid as fukking beats. So you are entitled to your opinion of rap, but no matter what you say it takes talent to be good at rap, it isn't simply putting together shit that rhymes and doesn't make sense it is more complicated that, everyone can rap just like everyone can shoot a hockey puck, but not everyone is good at it, just as not everyone is in the nhl.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

goon attack wrote:
his lyrics are unmatched

Fukk this piece of shit.

I hope he rots in hell.

You are ridiculous, these are the kind of the arguments you get into people who don't like rap, such things as it doesn't take talent and anyone can do it. Ya, anyone can rap, anyone can rhyme even elementary school aged children as you stated. It isn't about it being a unique quality only for a handful of people it is about who can do it with some talent, who can come up with rhymes, that are a little harder and not as ridiculous as the video posted. Not everyone can make beats like Dre, so many songs have stupid as fukking beats. So you are entitled to your opinion of rap, but no matter what you say it takes talent to be good at rap, it isn't simply putting together shit that rhymes and doesn't make sense it is more complicated that, everyone can rap just like everyone can shoot a hockey puck, but not everyone is good at it, just as not everyone is in the nhl. And yes that is the best comparison available... And as I said before I hate rap now, it is shit there are only a couple rappers I like now, and they are all quickly becoming shit and starting with this poppy shit just to get on the radio. Good rap died a while ago and it will never be the same.

ViPeRx007 wrote:Image
:shock:
I remember Jump back in the day, that was an awesome song back then..

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

i don't think it takes talent and a lot of rappers are scumbags.

plus, it's crappy music

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

MOST famous people are scumbags..

I like listening to Axle Rose and Phil Anselmo.. But they're both douchetastic..

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I don't care if Salma Hayek is rapping while nude and I'm tapping her doggy style......it's fukken gay.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

goon attack wrote:I don't care if Salma Hayek is rapping while nude and I'm tapping her doggy style......it's fukken gay.

And every musician you listen to is just a perfect citizen..
MEG is right most famous people are scumbags and I would say even more so for musicians, I'm sure those goth metal bands you mentioned in the other thread are scumbags too.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

i never claimed anything you're trying to refute. now you're just changing the subject.

I think Tupac Shakur is:

1. a douchebag whose death has only benefitted society

2. untalented

I never said the two were related.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

The problem with your argument, Goon, is that his death has done nothing but further immortalize his status among thugs and white boys with chinstrap beards in big puffy coats. I think he's untalented as well, but his death has had the opposite effect than what you're talking about.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

You may be right. If his death means more bullets are flying, then he should have lived.

But I guess 319 would be jamming out to al-qaeda right now if they had mad flow

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

goon attack wrote:You may be right. If his death means more bullets are flying, then he should have lived.

Are you really going to compare al-qaeda to 2pac? I mean come on 2pac wasn't a terrorist, you can't even prove the man killed a single person, and no matter what you want to say he didn't start gangs, he didn't start gang killings. Just because he rapped about it doesn't mean he had any involvement with it. Am I saying he didn't hang with gangs or people who killed other people? No I am not, but to compare him to al-qaeda is just ridiculous and you know that, no matter how our views differ on things, you aren't an idiot, you know that neither of those things have to do with the other.

And I am not a wigger, I don't have a chinstrap or a puffy jacket. And a lot of rappers now a days don't have talent, but if there was one rapper who did it is 2pac, you say he doesn't have talent, but I would like to see you guys make a beat and a rap that people would like and not think is total shit, and a lot of people now like shit rap music. No matter what you say not everyone can rap well.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

2Pac even said it himself, he didn't start gang killings and poverty he just raps about it. And for anyone to think that he added to gangs and gangs killing people is just ridiculous. If 2pac had never been a famous rapper that wouldn't have stopped any gang killings, would it have stopped people from liking rap and listening to rap maybe, but it wouldn't have stopped any gang killings, those have been around since the 60's or 70's when the crips and the bloods started, that had nothing to do with 2pac.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

section319 wrote:
goon attack wrote:You may be right. If his death means more bullets are flying, then he should have lived.

Are you really going to compare al-qaeda to 2pac?
Yes. in fact, I wouldn't doubt it if tupac was tight with OBL in some way.

No matter what you say not everyone can rap well.
I think everybody could rap well if they decided they wanted to. I don't think everybody could be great on piano or be a great singer if they wanted to. That's the difference.