Michelob Golden Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Michelob Golden Draft

Post by SteveO »

Philo wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:I often have to pick up cases for a friend in StL because it's not available in the immediate metro east. It is available in Clinton County, IL and since I visit my grandparents out there, I'm usually tasked with picking up a few cases to cart back to the city.

It's not bad for your BL, ML, etc etc type of beer.

Where in Clinton Co. can you get it?
There's a grocery store in Breese where I usually snag some. SuperValu might be its name? I forget...

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

Too bad they didn't pick a different name with an easy acronym for Michelob Golden Draft - since MGD is most commonly refers to Miller Genuine Draft... What, we don't want any confusion among beer drinkers, do they? Say it isn't so!
Mark P

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:That wasn't me speaking, that was me imitating what a beer snob would say.

I really like Michelob when I'm in the mood for it. Haven't tried the Golden Draft.
I know, and I was just furthering your point because I agree with you.
Can you two stop fingerbanging each other?

Things slow at the glory hole today? Just be patient, we'll be right there. Don't get off your knees.
So you're gonna put through that nipple you call a penis?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I lied last time. That was my dog's dick. Was it good?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:I lied last time. That was my dog's dick. Was it good?
Ask your wife.. She was subbing for me that day.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:I lied last time. That was my dog's dick. Was it good?
Ask your wife.. She was subbing for me that day.
I heard she prefers the Michelob Golden Shower.

Hey-ooooh! :wink:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

She couldn't have been. My wife and I were having a threeway with your mom that day.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Prngr44 wrote:
Philo wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:I often have to pick up cases for a friend in StL because it's not available in the immediate metro east. It is available in Clinton County, IL and since I visit my grandparents out there, I'm usually tasked with picking up a few cases to cart back to the city.

There's a grocery store in Breese where I usually snag some. SuperValu might be its name? I forget...
The first time I had it was in Minnesota. It's Great!

You can find it anywhere they sell beer in New Baden, which isn't a bad drive from STL (30 min. or so down 64 from downtown). They also have it in Red Bud, IL at the Moto Mart, usually just inside the door. The guy who works there told me that people drive in from Missouri and buy 3-4 cases at a time.

One of the parents from the team I coached last year works for Illinois Distributing and he told me that it is generally only marketed in areas where MGD (Mediocre Genuine Draft) is the top seller. The reason it is not sold in most markets is because it would cannibalize Bud and Bud Light sales.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

On a side note, my sister and brother in law are in town from New Zealand and brought over a 12 pack of Steinlager Pure. Regular Steinlager is available around St. Louis, but I have never seen Steinlager Pure in the U.S. If anyone knows that it is, let me know, I'm definitely a fan.

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

F Keenan wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
Philo wrote:

The first time I had it was in Minnesota. It's Great!

You can find it anywhere they sell beer in New Baden, which isn't a bad drive from STL (30 min. or so down 64 from downtown). They also have it in Red Bud, IL at the Moto Mart, usually just inside the door. The guy who works there told me that people drive in from Missouri and buy 3-4 cases at a time.

One of the parents from the team I coached last year works for Illinois Distributing and he told me that it is generally only marketed in areas where MGD (Mediocre Genuine Draft) is the top seller. The reason it is not sold in most markets is because it would cannibalize Bud and Bud Light sales.

I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore(Jack & coke rules)but i would buy Michelob Golden over that piss water Bud any time.
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

I got a 20 pack of 5 different Michelob styles. 4 bottles each, including Pale Ale, Irish Red and some others. It's not too shabby. One style, Marzen(sp?), an Oktoberfest style wasn't really of my tastes.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

marco wrote:I got a 20 pack of 5 different Michelob styles. 4 bottles each, including Pale Ale, Irish Red and some others. It's not too shabby. One style, Marzen(sp?), an Oktoberfest style wasn't really of my tastes.
I loved Marzen. Michelob has done a nice job of trying to become a microbrew line. I still prefer Sam Adams, but I am a fan of the new Michelob's.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

F Keenan wrote:
marco wrote:I got a 20 pack of 5 different Michelob styles. 4 bottles each, including Pale Ale, Irish Red and some others. It's not too shabby. One style, Marzen(sp?), an Oktoberfest style wasn't really of my tastes.
I loved Marzen. Michelob has done a nice job of trying to become a microbrew line. I still prefer Sam Adams, but I am a fan of the new Michelob's.
Michelob always prided themselves on being a beer of higher quality. It doesn't surprise me to see them expand their horizons. I like the Pale Ale, it's not too daring and has a clean finish, and I think it would apeal to a lot of people and turn them on to the style if they otherwise thought the style was too bitter. Same with their Irish Red.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

UPDATE!

Michelob Golden Light is now on draft at Cutter's in Belleville. :banana: :banana: :banana:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

F Keenan wrote:UPDATE!

Michelob Golden Light is now on draft at Cutter's in Belleville. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Hmmm...I was just invited there for a party soon...I'll have to try it out. Cool.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

I think I'll still stick to my hangover-free marijuana :okman:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Philo wrote: I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore(Jack & coke rules)but i would buy Michelob Golden over that piss water Bud any time.
Great take. Keep up the good work. Mic is better than Bud. Check.

You rock.

:grin: