Rivermen farm out Schwarz

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Rivermen farm out Schwarz

Post by Kyle1512 »

http://www.pjstar.com/sports_rivermen/x ... ut-Schwarz
PEORIA — The Peoria Rivermen made a move with their goaltending tandem on Monday, farming former St. Louis Blues No. 1 pick Marek Schwarz down to ECHL Alaska.

In turn, the Rivermen, via orders from the parent club St. Louis Blues, called-up goaltender Chris Holt from Alaska. He will re-join the AHL club in time for its game Wednesday in Cleveland.

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Rivermen farm out Schwarz

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

Honestly, a lot of the goalies we have in the system have potential...but the only way to improve is to play. Granted, the better the competition, the faster you'll improve...but getting ice time is the most important aspect of being in ANY farm system.
Mark P

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

Eminian's Blog post -
http://www2.pjstar.com/index.php?/eminian/
He has struggled of late in Peoria. There just won’t be enough games with the AHL Rivermen for him to turn it around, because the parent club Blues want the majority of starts to go to rookie Ben Bishop now. The latter had solid back-to-back outings last week for the first time this season.

This trip to the ECHL will be primarily to keep Schwarz playing, and partly to boost his confidence.

DE

noodles27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by noodles27 »

I am dissapointed in him. I once thought he was the goalie of the future for the Blues. It is clear Bishop has left him in his dust now though.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

noodles27 wrote:I am dissapointed in him. I once thought he was the goalie of the future for the Blues. It is clear Bishop has left him in his dust now though.

As far as NHL 09 goes, bishop is a beast. He has a 1.62 gaa and 93% savt pct. in like 30 games for me so far.. If that helps the discussion any..
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Anyone know if Schwarz was injured or something? After getting sent down on the 8th he didn't play a game until the 28th.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

OS wrote:Anyone know if Schwarz was injured or something? After getting sent down on the 8th he didn't play a game until the 28th.
He was sent to Alaska, recalled back to Peoria before he played in a game. Legace's concussion and Bishop being called up to St. Louis, kept him in Peoria while Chris Holt started most games for Peoria. St. Louis made an attempt to send him to Alaska right before Christmas, but Bishop got the flu and missed 2 games. Schwarz has played 1 game for Alaska since being sent to Alaska after Christmas. He gave up 3 goals in 59 minutes (3.07 GAA) and did get the loss in that game.

Box score - Aces vs. LV Wranglers 12-28-08
http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/game-s ... me_id=6657

As for being disapointed in Marek, I'm not. Marek has worked hard in practice and knows that he is struggling. He is the one of the first guys out and stays until practice is over on non-game days. If he wasn't working hard and had a visible problem, he wouldn't still be part of the Blues system. I agree that Ben Bishop has passed him up on the depth chart. I think Jake Allen will pass Marek up, once he goes pro. I think in 2 years Bishop and Schwarz will be competing for NHL roster spots. I don't think either is ready for the NHL or failing in the Blues system.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

If Mason and Legace don't get their act together, Bishop might very well be the starter in St. Louis to close the season. If there's a time to see if he's ready, that would be it.

choppa4
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by choppa4 »

OS wrote:If Mason and Legace don't get their act together, Bishop might very well be the starter in St. Louis to close the season. If there's a time to see if he's ready, that would be it.
I see no reason why Chris Holt shouldn't get that chance before anyone else does.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Is Holt even Blues property yet? I can't remember.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

OS wrote:If Mason and Legace don't get their act together, Bishop might very well be the starter in St. Louis to close the season. If there's a time to see if he's ready, that would be it.
Boo to Bishop winning us games when we're in a Tavares race!

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

OS wrote:Is Holt even Blues property yet? I can't remember.
After Legace got "Palined", Bishop and Holt were to rotate between St. Louis and Peoria, to give Bishop playing time in Peoria. Holt was given a Blues contract, so he could be on the bench for the Blues.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

noodles27 wrote:I am dissapointed in him. I once thought he was the goalie of the future for the Blues. It is clear Bishop has left him in his dust now though.
:plusplus:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk