Braggin' Rights, anyone?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Braggin' Rights, anyone?

Post by dmiles2186 »

Nothin' like a good ol' fashioned ass whooping from the boys in orange. :grin: Especially when Mizzou was ranked and back on the map. They were finally going to end Illinois' 8 year reign and then...the game started.

I'd feel bad for Mizzou, but Illinos just played so damn great. It was tough not to admire. But then again, I may be biased. :grin:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Braggin' Rights, anyone?

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

I'm not familiar with whatever meaningless sport you are talking about.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

College basketball is nice. Any other form of basketball blows. Admit it. :grin:

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:I'm not familiar with whatever meaningless sport you are talking about.
I believe he's talking about badminton.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Go Illini. 8)

I enjoy college basketball...it's the NBA that is a piece of shit league.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

For it to be considered a rivalry...doesn't the other team have to win every once in a while?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Nyghtewynd wrote:For it to be considered a rivalry...doesn't the other team have to win every once in a while?
Or give a shit about the other team? As a native Mid-Missourian I can say nobody at Mizzou gives a scheit about Illinois.. It's all about Kansas.. Maybe K-state, Nebraska some too.. But Illinois doesn't even make the radar.. It's only in St. Louis that people think this is a rivalry.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:For it to be considered a rivalry...doesn't the other team have to win every once in a while?
Or give a shit about the other team? As a native Mid-Missourian I can say nobody at Mizzou gives a scheit about Illinois.. It's all about Kansas.. Maybe K-state, Nebraska some too.. But Illinois doesn't even make the radar.. It's only in St. Louis that people think this is a rivalry.

Ya, going from living in the St. Louis area to going to school here at Mizzou you realize nobody cares about Illinois. Like you said it is all about other big 12 teams, obviously Kansas is the main one.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

section319 wrote:

Ya, going from living in the St. Louis area to going to school here at Mizzou you realize nobody cares about Illinois. Like you said it is all about other big 12 teams, obviously Kansas is the main one.
It's probably 'cause you get your asses handed to ya pretty regularly. :grin:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

How 'bout them Hoosiers? :roll:

I couldn't care less about college basketball this year :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Oh, it is basketball. How are you guys doing against us in football? :lol:

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

++

I hate any form of basketball. I-L-L! I-N- SHUT THE FUK UP!
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Oh snap! You pulled the "real sport" card!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Wait...2 years of dominance compared to....almost 30, including this entire decade? Nice cop out. :grin: At least we were able to take your BCS spot last year and shart the bed in the Rose Bowl.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Wait...2 years of dominance compared to....almost 30, including this entire decade? Nice cop out. :grin: At least we were able to take your BCS spot last year and shart the bed in the Rose Bowl.
The bcs is a joke, the fact that you cant have more than 2 teams playing in a bcs game from the same conference. Also, that if Notre Dame finishes in the top 8 in the last bcs rankings they automatically get a bcs bowl. And what is more bullshit than that is the orange bowl committee picking KU over Mizzou, the fact that KU won that game doesn't really help that argument but still they didn't deserve it.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

The bcs is a joke, the fact that you cant have more than 2 teams playing in a bcs game from the same conference. Also, that if Notre Dame finishes in the top 8 in the last bcs rankings they automatically get a bcs bowl. And what is more bullshit than that is the orange bowl committee picking KU over Mizzou, the fact that KU won that game doesn't really help that argument but still they didn't deserve it.[/quote]

What is "that game"? If you're talking about last year Mizzou beat KU, and went on to the big 12 title.. That should have given them the BCS bid over KU.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

The bcs is a joke, the fact that you cant have more than 2 teams playing in a bcs game from the same conference. Also, that if Notre Dame finishes in the top 8 in the last bcs rankings they automatically get a bcs bowl. And what is more bullshit than that is the orange bowl committee picking KU over Mizzou, the fact that KU won that game doesn't really help that argument but still they didn't deserve it.
What is "that game"? If you're talking about last year Mizzou beat KU, and went on to the big 12 title.. That should have given them the BCS bid over KU.[/quote]

The game I was referring to was the orange bowl that KU got picked to go to over Mizzou, even though we beat them and went to the big 12 championship. The winner of any conference is the only one that automatically gets the bid, but if another bowl needs a team they can pick whoever they want, for some reason the orange bowl committee picked Kansas because apparently they have a better fan following..

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

section319 wrote:for some reason the orange bowl committee picked Kansas because apparently they have a better fan following..
That's questionable at best.. Missouri is a bigger state and only has 1 division 1 school vs. Kansas's 2. KU was picked b/c they had 1 loss and Mizzou had 2. I'm not saying it's right.. Mizzou lost 1 more game b/c they beat KU and went on to the title game. Either team probably woulda lost that game most likely.

Fan following has nothin to do with it.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

section319 wrote:The game I was referring to was the orange bowl that KU got picked to go to over Mizzou, even though we beat them and went to the big 12 championship. The winner of any conference is the only one that automatically gets the bid, but if another bowl needs a team they can pick whoever they want, for some reason the orange bowl committee picked Kansas because apparently they have a better fan following..
You're on crack. Fan following? We are talking football, right? KU was invited to the Orange Bowl to destroy Va Tech because they were the only one loss team in the country, not because the drive from Lawrence to Miami is an easy one.

You must be a Mizzou fan. Did you hear any whispers from KU about winning the National Championship this year? Any Hesiman talk? No, we understood the significance of last year, and took it for what it was. It was the greatest year in KU football in the last 25 years. As it turns out, it was also the greatest year in Mizzou football as well.

Want to bet on who has the better record in '09?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Before the OSU game when the season became unraveled Mizzou was ranked in the top 5.. If you followed the team you'd know Daniels was not himself since that game.. If that game had gone differently the whole season probably would have.. I don't think there's anything ridiculous at all having hoped that Daniels would get a Heisman and the team would be in the hunter for the national title.. Daniels was a Heisman finalist the year before, and this was his senior year.. And the team brought back 4 or 5 of the better players that have ever played for them.

Next year will probably be a rebuilder though..