Hellstrom sent to Alaska

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Hellstrom sent to Alaska

Post by Kyle1512 »

http://www.pjstar.com/sports_rivermen/x ... -Hellstrom
HELLSTROM DOWN: The Rivermen sent defenseman Alexander Hellstrom to ECHL Alaska, where his stay is expected to last between two games to two weeks.

The second-year Swede was St. Louis' seventh-round pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. But injuries and players ahead of him on the depth chart have limited Hellstrom to just 57 games in parts of two seasons with Peoria.

The 6-foot-2, 207-pound 21-year-old has no goals, no assists and a minus-4 rating in 22 games for Peoria this season. This will be his first trip below the AHL level.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Hellstrom sent to Alaska

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

If you can't keep a spot in Peoria with Weaver, Strachan, and whoever else we have this week then you probably aren't gonna make it.. Put him down as a bust.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Hellstrom sent to Alaska

Post by blueline »

You are correct. He hasn't been able to find himself over here. Injuries have prevented him from getting in the flow. I think he is to soft and not physical enough for the AHL. I suspect this is to catch his attention and hopefully he realizes that it's time for some return on the investment.