GET YOUR MILK AND BREAD!

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: GET YOUR MILK AND BREAD!

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Blueline29 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:The last hurricane that hit the USA back in September of 08, came right up and hit us as a tropical storm...or was it not classified as a tropical storm?

Gee...if there were only a member of the forum who was an expert on hurricanes.
:doh: :lol:

44 BLEW, especially right at 270, and I don't think anybody did anything to any downtown streets. I so don't want to deal with this shit again tomorrow.
Downtown was alright this morning.. But they did about nothing to treat the roads throughout the day and by noon it was one of the worst places in the city to drive.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:UMSL closed today too.. After I went to 6 hours of class last night and had to drive home in snow-covered roads. :x

Well, mizzou was open today and my girlfriend was riding with her roommate home from school, and they got into an accident. Her friend was driving and I guess she started sliding and being a girl driving, I guess she slammed on her breaks went into the other lane and got hit by a truck. My girlfriend hit her head pretty hard and broke her femur. So I am up here in the hospital waiting for ICU visiting hours to start again. There were like 5 accidents on this winding ass road on the way to my house, Mizzou refuses to close school though.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

section319 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:UMSL closed today too.. After I went to 6 hours of class last night and had to drive home in snow-covered roads. :x

Well, mizzou was open today and my girlfriend was riding with her roommate home from school, and they got into an accident. Her friend was driving and I guess she started sliding and being a girl driving, I guess she slammed on her breaks went into the other lane and got hit by a truck. My girlfriend hit her head pretty hard and broke her femur. So I am up here in the hospital waiting for ICU visiting hours to start again. There were like 5 accidents on this winding ass road on the way to my house, Mizzou refuses to close school though.
I remember when I went to college a kid died in a car accident RIGHT in front of the school on a very snowy day and school continued without a hitch. Students only heard about the accidents from other students. No moment of silence, no memorial, just another day at school. :roll:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Yeah I definitely think colleges have too strict of standards for closing... Sorry to hear that about your gf. :(

Even in HS I had a day that was so ridiculously bad I should have never been asked to leave my neighborhood that day much less drive across town.. Someone in the school had contracted TB so they tested the whole school and as most of you probably know PPD tests have to be read 48 hours later.. Well 2 school days after they did the initial part was the day that school should have been called off.. But since it would have cost them a ton of money to redo the tests another day they didn't cancel. My parents' house is located between two pretty large hills and I made it most of the way up one before I lost complete control of my car and slid down the entire hill sideways.. Wound up not getting hurt and not even having car damage but jeez it was scary as hell.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Worst I've ever seen it was during an ice storm my sophomore year of college, and IU actually formally closed classes for HALF OF A DAY!! I was blown away but the ice was literally so thick and it was so cold that nobody was driving- it was next to impossible. All my professors took it upon themselves to do what the university wouldn't and I ended up only having one class that whole week. It was beyond sweet.

I think that's typically why universities don't bother with the formal closings of classes- just figure that if the professors think its bad enough, they'll cancel classes so that way the college doesn't have to.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Worst I've ever seen it was during an ice storm my sophomore year of college, and IU actually formally closed classes for HALF OF A DAY!! I was blown away but the ice was literally so thick and it was so cold that nobody was driving- it was next to impossible. All my professors took it upon themselves to do what the university wouldn't and I ended up only having one class that whole week. It was beyond sweet.

I think that's typically why universities don't bother with the formal closings of classes- just figure that if the professors think its bad enough, they'll cancel classes so that way the college doesn't have to.

Back in your college hockey playing days huh?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

section319 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:Worst I've ever seen it was during an ice storm my sophomore year of college, and IU actually formally closed classes for HALF OF A DAY!! I was blown away but the ice was literally so thick and it was so cold that nobody was driving- it was next to impossible. All my professors took it upon themselves to do what the university wouldn't and I ended up only having one class that whole week. It was beyond sweet.

Yea long time ago...

And I spoke too soon- Class got canceled all day today and campus was shut down completely- first time in a couple decades I think it was that they did that. Just an awesome day, it was great.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

section319 wrote:

No dude, you're thinking of Aode.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.