Cardinals release Adam Kennedy

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/649159.html

News - Breaking news

Monday, Feb. 09, 2009

News-Democrat

The St. Louis Cardinals on Monday released second baseman Adam Kennedy.

'The team has requested waivers on Kennedy that will expire on Wednesday, at which time he will become an unrestricted free agent," the team announced in a press release.

“We have exhausted all trade possibilities for Adam, and have decided that it was within both the club and the player’s best interests to give Adam his unconditional release,” Cardinals’ Vice President/General Manager John Mozeliak said. “As stated last year, it has been our intention -- at Adam’s request -- to try and seek a trade. As we move forward, we feel that it is best to try and fill the second base position with other players from within our organization.”

The move leaves the Cardinals with a handful of middle infield candidates on the eve of spring training next week. The group includes Brendan Ryan, Brian Barden, Joe Thurston, Jarrett Hoffpauir and Tyler Greene, along with outfielder Skip Schumaker, who has been working out at the position in advance of spring drills.

Kennedy has hit poorly in his two seasons with the Cardinals, and wound up losing playing time as he split duties with an assortment of players at second base.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Cardinals release Adam Kennedy

Post by Leedog »

An apparent attempt to copy the Blues/Legace situation. Let's hope they follow it with a copy of the McDonald situation and spend some $$, either on Kennedy's replacement or on a pitcher.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Cardinals release Adam Kennedy

Post by stlmark »

I was freaking glad to hear this news earlier. :mrgreen:

That shitty no power, upper cut of his got on my f**kin nerves.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka