Mizzou 62-60 over dirtybirds

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Mizzou 62-60 over dirtybirds

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Yeah generally I don't pay any attention to basketball unless it's March, but beating KU is worth mentioning. :grin:

Maybe someone here knows the sport better than me (which wouldn't take much).. Is this team for real? It seems like a buncha no-names just playing well.. Nobody really stands out as any kind of dominant player so it seems odd that they've played so well thus far.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Mizzou 62-60 over dirtybirds

Post by section319 »

Yeah, I don't follow basketball either even in march I don't care that much. But, I do watch some mizzou games when we are playing good big 12 teams like texas and kansas. And mizzou is fukken lame, last year when you got basketball season tickets with football ones you obviously got the home ticket to kansas. Well, for some reason this year you had to buy it separate than all the other games, so I got screwed out of going to the game. Was nice to pull it out though.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

I reeeeally don't want to post my thoughts on the game, because it will come off very homerish towards KU with this crowd here. That's not a shot, I promise.

OS, you've been relatively non-biased in the past with this rivalry, care to share your thoughts on the game?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

To be honest, I really haven't gotten back on the Mizzou Basketball bandwagon since Quin's destruction of the program, so I've only caught a few games total in the Mike Anderson era. That said... I did go out of my way to watch Monday's game. My take on Mizzou's team is this... it's really not that good. They create turnovers, but offensively they're just plain awful. Contrast this team to the days of Paulding and Rush... those teams had a well organized offense that had strategy to it. This team just seems to throw the ball around to take turns at awful shot attempts. They were extremely lucky to win the game and really would have had no shot to win if Kansas wasn't so young.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I can't wait for the next Tyus Edney.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Rohan, no post about the ass whooping KU gave us today? Or the ridiculous oop we tried with two minutes left that got stuffed by the rim..

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

section319 wrote:Rohan, no post about the ass whooping KU gave us today? Or the ridiculous oop we tried with two minutes left that got stuffed by the rim..
Again, I don't want this to come off like a biased KU take, but this game was more of an indication of where I think both teams really are. I didn't think it would be THAT bad, but I thought KU would handle them pretty easy. In Columbia, KU turned the ball over 25 times and Collins had like 9 points. If that happened every game, KU would have lost at least 10 games by now.

The Big 12 is weak this year. I think MU caught a break with the schedule and have a good coach. We'll see if he bolts for the SEC in the summer. KU has actually surprised me as well. Aldrich was a goofy ass freshman white boy last year prior to the North Carolina game in the final four. Then he went out and made Hansbrough his bitch. He should come back next year, but I doubt he stays for his senior season.

My prediction? MU and KU both lose in the sweet 16. This year. Another year of seasoning, and another great class that's coming in, KU is going to be badfreakinass again in 2010. I'm saying that banking on Collins skipping his senior year. If he comes back, oh shit.

By the way, if Griffin would have played last week, I think KU would have lost that game by 15. Dude is a freakin beast.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

I don't want to come off as a guy who watches or really cares about basketball at all until March but took down OU tonight 73-64.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

section319 wrote:I don't want to come off as a guy who watches or really cares about basketball at all until March but took down OU tonight 73-64.
:lol: well played

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Rohan wrote:
section319 wrote:Rohan, no post about the ass whooping KU gave us today? Or the ridiculous oop we tried with two minutes left that got stuffed by the rim..
Again, I don't want this to come off like a biased KU take, but this game was more of an indication of where I think both teams really are. I didn't think it would be THAT bad, but I thought KU would handle them pretty easy. In Columbia, KU turned the ball over 25 times and Collins had like 9 points. If that happened every game, KU would have lost at least 10 games by now.

The Big 12 is weak this year. I think MU caught a break with the schedule and have a good coach. We'll see if he bolts for the SEC in the summer. KU has actually surprised me as well. Aldrich was a goofy ass freshman white boy last year prior to the North Carolina game in the final four. Then he went out and made Hansbrough his bitch. He should come back next year, but I doubt he stays for his senior season.

My prediction? MU and KU both lose in the sweet 16. This year. Another year of seasoning, and another great class that's coming in, KU is going to be badfreakinass again in 2010. I'm saying that banking on Collins skipping his senior year. If he comes back, oh shit.

By the way, if Griffin would have played last week, I think KU would have lost that game by 15. Dude is a freakin beast.
I'd be very happy if KU made it out of the first weekend.