Legace?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Legace?

Post by big d note »

Is Manny getting starts in Peoria? How does he look? It's weird that the Blues have half of Peoria's roster right now, but they have Legace.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Legace?

Post by blueline »

Legace has looked great in both of his outings. We are playing with an extremely young Defense coupled with a lack of consistency from our wingers has led to tough times in Peoria. Talbot and Linglet are due to step up their games. Legace seems to have a good attitude while on the ice. He has been vocal too. The next couple of weeks will be interesting for the Rivermen. They are due to get on a win streak.

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

Legace shuts down the Rampage last night 5-0. The Rivermen snapped their home losing streak and Charles Linglet gets traded to AHL Springfield.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

No more Linglet, eh? A few years ago he had several fans on the forum here that thought he was destined for the Blues.

Hopefully Legace can keep up the good work and either carry the Rivermen or improve his trade value! I still think he's a viable NHL goalie for somebody, even if he has burned his bridge with the Blues. Thanks for the updates.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

With two very key games this Saturday (chicago) and Sunday (rockford) I hope we can provide some offense for Legace. He is almost certain to go back to back this weekend. With Wagner coming back it should help the D too.

Dan McNinja
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Dan McNinja »

if mason starts getting bad (hes showing signs already) we should bring legace back up, i think we should have kept him as a backup at least but i guess the blues management has other plans!

go legace go!

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Legace won't be called up for the simple reason that if you do it you risk him being picked up by one of the teams we're competing for a playoff spot with.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

OS wrote:Legace won't be called up for the simple reason that if you do it you risk him being picked up by one of the teams we're competing for a playoff spot with.
while paying half his salary.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

#1Mannyfan
Prospect
Prospect

Post by #1Mannyfan »

Hi. I'm new here and was hoping to come across some info on Manny. I am 1 of his biggest fans from the first time I saw him play a game for the Wings. Everyone said he was too small, a carreer back-up. I never gave up hope for him nor will I yet. When he was with the Wings I got my first and only jersey which of course was a Manny jersey and went to see the team play their Red and White game during what ended up being Manny's last season with the Wings. I was fortunate enough to meet him, but refused to let him sign my jersey because I would never be able to wear it again. I couldn't decide which of 3 cards to have him sign and asked his opinion and he said how about all 3? HOW COOL!! I was so nervous I couldn't look him in the face! He was really nice and down to earth. When he realized we wanted his autograph, he was suprised that we wanted "just his" and not a famous player. I was like, forget the rest of the team!!

Anyway, what I was wondering is if anyone knows if there are any teams possibly interested in him right now? When can trades take place? While playing in Peoria, does he make his full contracted salary from the Blues?
I think what happened to him was that when the Blues picked up Mason, who was another first-string goalie, he felt that he was automatically going to be replaced and lost confidence. He had that "always going to be one of the best carreer back-up goaltenders" quote running through his head to make him freak out. Plus, how well was the offense helping when he was in net? They couldn't score for nothing most of the time! Just wanted to add my thoughts here.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

#1Mannyfan wrote:Hi. I'm new here and was hoping to come across some info on Manny. I am 1 of his biggest fans from the first time I saw him play a game for the Wings. Everyone said he was too small, a carreer back-up. I never gave up hope for him nor will I yet. When he was with the Wings I got my first and only jersey which of course was a Manny jersey and went to see the team play their Red and White game during what ended up being Manny's last season with the Wings. I was fortunate enough to meet him, but refused to let him sign my jersey because I would never be able to wear it again. I couldn't decide which of 3 cards to have him sign and asked his opinion and he said how about all 3? HOW COOL!! I was so nervous I couldn't look him in the face! He was really nice and down to earth. When he realized we wanted his autograph, he was suprised that we wanted "just his" and not a famous player. I was like, forget the rest of the team!!

Anyway, what I was wondering is if anyone knows if there are any teams possibly interested in him right now? When can trades take place? While playing in Peoria, does he make his full contracted salary from the Blues?
I think what happened to him was that when the Blues picked up Mason, who was another first-string goalie, he felt that he was automatically going to be replaced and lost confidence. He had that "always going to be one of the best carreer back-up goaltenders" quote running through his head to make him freak out. Plus, how well was the offense helping when he was in net? They couldn't score for nothing most of the time! Just wanted to add my thoughts here.
are you a stalker?
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

#1Mannyfan wrote:Hi. I'm new here and was hoping to come across some info on Manny. I am 1 of his biggest fans from the first time I saw him play a game for the Wings. Everyone said he was too small, a carreer back-up. I never gave up hope for him nor will I yet. When he was with the Wings I got my first and only jersey which of course was a Manny jersey and went to see the team play their Red and White game during what ended up being Manny's last season with the Wings. I was fortunate enough to meet him, but refused to let him sign my jersey because I would never be able to wear it again. I couldn't decide which of 3 cards to have him sign and asked his opinion and he said how about all 3? HOW COOL!! I was so nervous I couldn't look him in the face! He was really nice and down to earth. When he realized we wanted his autograph, he was suprised that we wanted "just his" and not a famous player. I was like, forget the rest of the team!!

Like OMG, did you cummzies in your pants?
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka