Help with PS3 setup on new 40" 1080p lcd

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Help with PS3 setup on new 40" 1080p lcd

Post by Ruutu15 »

I've posted a thread at afterdawn, the link is below. Anyone have any ideas? I could use all the help I can get...I'm about to start drinking.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/762127

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Help with PS3 setup on new 40" 1080p lcd

Post by stlbluz »

A ps3, really?
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

stlbluz wrote:A ps3, really?
Whatever ya like, I have all 3 current systems...not that it's anything to be proud of. Just sayin'.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Ruutu15 wrote:
Whatever ya like, I have all 3 current systems...not that it's anything to be proud of. Just sayin'.
Just wondering why I haven't seen you on Live lately. Congrats & good luck on the new screen.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

PS3 > 3shitty

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

stlbluz wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Just wondering why I haven't seen you on Live lately. Congrats & good luck on the new screen.
The only reason I haven't been on lately is because of my new setup. I dedicated a room in our apartment for games, but it's too far from the router to connect directly, and I refuse to pay $100 for M$'s wireless adapter. I might break down and do it anyway, because I miss playing NHL 09 against/with you guys.

I figured out the PS3 setup problem afterall. Apparently my TV has issues with the HDMI handshake with the ps3, so I got the HD component cables, and it works without a hitch...and looks just as good.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

You can get a third party wireless ethernet bridge for your xbox. I think they are only like $30 or so.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Glad to see you're on PSN now. My name is 'STLJA' on the network, shocking, I know... Shoot me an add.

...also, now that you are a PS3 owner, you're required to own the following amazing games...

Killzone 2
MLB 09: The Show
Little Big PLanet
MGS
Street Fighter IV
Uncharted

:mrgreen:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

STL JA wrote:Glad to see you're on PSN now. My name is 'STLJA' on the network, shocking, I know... Shoot me an add.

...also, now that you are a PS3 owner, you're required to own the following amazing games...

Killzone 2
Little Big PLanet
MGS
Street Fighter IV
Uncharted

One of the reasons I bought the PS3 was for MLB 09...that game is amazing. Plus, my girlfriend wanted a BluRay player, so that was my excuse. Actually, even better, she funded the whole operation. :lol: She picked up Little Big Planet, but I haven't messed with it yet.

I'll add you! Do you have MLB 09?

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

kodos wrote:You can get a third party wireless ethernet bridge for your xbox. I think they are only like $30 or so.
Wow! if you can recommend one, let me know. I have tried a two other usb wireless bridges, but on one the USB plug wasn't long enough to fit in the back port. On the other, it just didn't work.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Ruutu15 wrote:
STL JA wrote:Glad to see you're on PSN now. My name is 'STLJA' on the network, shocking, I know... Shoot me an add.

Killzone 2
Little Big PLanet
MGS
Street Fighter IV
Uncharted

One of the reasons I bought the PS3 was for MLB 09...that game is amazing. Plus, my girlfriend wanted a BluRay player, so that was my excuse. Actually, even better, she funded the whole operation. :lol: She picked up Little Big Planet, but I haven't messed with it yet.

I'll add you! Do you have MLB 09?
Little Big Planet is one of the best games ever.

Yes, I have MLB 09... We should play sometime.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Ruutu15 wrote:
kodos wrote:You can get a third party wireless ethernet bridge for your xbox. I think they are only like $30 or so.
Wow! if you can recommend one, let me know. I have tried a two other usb wireless bridges, but on one the USB plug wasn't long enough to fit in the back port. On the other, it just didn't work.
It doesn't connect via USB at all, it's a wireless ethernet bridge. It basically acts as a wireless cord. One end plugs into the ethernet jack on your 360 and the other end plugs into your wireless router and it just shoots the data between the two points.

I don't actually use one so I'm not sure which is the best, but do a search and you should be able to find something.