Pouring Concrete Question

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Pouring Concrete Question

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:Yeah, Komrade Kurt, since you were so lucky enough to save all this money, how about giving me some? You don't deserve all those riches when we have to shop at Aldi just to get by.

Isn't that was the Messiah would want? Bow before your Messiah.
They have Aldi's in West County?
We even have a Whole Foods out here. Let's see, what do I miss about living in the city....let me think....oh yeah, absolutely NOTHING.

And imagine, while you cling to your hipness by living there, I have everything you have, except the crime. :doh: :grin:

I don't even know if my car is locked. It might not be. Oh well, who cares, it's the county! :grin:
What hipness? I live 3 miles away from my job. I used to live in south county a whopping 15 miles from my job. I hated that. I'm also walking distance to a good Irish Pub, Gus' pretzels, and right next to where I park my car is a coffee shop (nice for when I leave in the morning and am too tired to drive to a Starbuck's). But largely I like the home in under 5 minutes thing.

Also being as I live with a city cop and he's constantly seen coming and going in uniform I don't have to worry too much about the crime factor (at least at home).

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

fair enough. but when you go to buy, think long and hard about crime vs. no crime, and appreciation.

I enjoy it out here. I grew up out here, but more than that, for the kids, it's a good fit.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Curt, just open the political forum. Then I don't have to read shit like...
You don't get to make that call. You might not feel rich, but you're excessively wealthy to most of the world. Obama's policies see you that way too. That's why he's going to implement thing that soak every last cent you have, make you have shitty health care, and dictate how you live.

good job voting for that assclown. :lol:
..that in the OT forum..
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

goon attack wrote:
goon attack wrote:Yeah, Komrade Kurt, since you were so lucky enough to save all this money, how about giving me some? You don't deserve all those riches when we have to shop at Aldi just to get by.

We even have a Whole Foods out here. Let's see, what do I miss about living in the city....let me think....oh yeah, absolutely NOTHING.

And imagine, while you cling to your hipness by living there, I have everything you have, except the crime. :doh: :grin:

I don't even know if my car is locked. It might not be. Oh well, who cares, it's the county! :grin:
What hipness? I live 3 miles away from my job. I used to live in south county a whopping 15 miles from my job. I hated that. I'm also walking distance to a good Irish Pub, Gus' pretzels, and right next to where I park my car is a coffee shop (nice for when I leave in the morning and am too tired to drive to a Starbuck's). But largely I like the home in under 5 minutes thing.

Also being as I live with a city cop and he's constantly seen coming and going in uniform I don't have to worry too much about the crime factor (at least at home).
Gus' pretzels - You're in good shape - that's good stuff!!
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

goon attack wrote:

What's the good Irish pub that's close to there? I can't think of it.
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

O'malley's. Cherokee and Lemp.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Also being as I live with a city cop and he's constantly seen coming and going in uniform I don't have to worry too much about the crime factor (at least at home).
Do you wear the chief outfit or the construction worker??

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Prngr44 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Also being as I live with a city cop and he's constantly seen coming and going in uniform I don't have to worry too much about the crime factor (at least at home).
So I guess you're saying M=g stays at the YMCA?

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

the knob wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
So I guess you're saying M=g stays at the YMCA?
Hell no.. I do slob a lot of cock though.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Hell no.. I do slob a lot of cock though.
man, that even rivals what is in my sig...do you know where the cornholes are?
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

The deck is done.
I didn't end up setting any posts in the lake...didn't want to mess with it. We dug the holes a couple feet from the shore. The next day the holes had a foot of water in them, which was fine. I just mixed the concrete in the holes.

I think it turned out nice enough for a simple rectangular deck.
I'm not sure about that light though. I might add another post and light on the other side of the walkway to match it, or end up making that post into a rail that hooks up with the existing dock rail...or just cut it off completely.
The wife will have final say I am sure.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Looks nice Curt. Once that outhouse in the background of the 3rd picture is done you need to host a LGB fishing party.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

stlbluz wrote:Looks nice Curt. Once that outhouse in the background of the 3rd picture is done you need to host a LGB fishing party.
Only if he invites goon so we can get the hilarity of him bitching at all the nice stuff Curt has. :lol:

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

stlbluz wrote:Looks nice Curt. Once that outhouse in the background of the 3rd picture is done you need to host a LGB fishing party.
Only if he invites goon so we can get the hilarity of him bitching at all the nice stuff Curt has. :lol:
:lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I see you've really suffered under the Bush administration. :roll: Jesus Christ you rich fukks make me SICK.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:I see you've really suffered under the Bush administration. :roll: Jesus Christ you rich fukks make me SICK.

I'd be willing to bet you make more money than I do.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

cprice12 wrote:
goon attack wrote:I see you've really suffered under the Bush administration. :roll: Jesus Christ you rich fukks make me SICK.

I'd be willing to bet you make more money than I do.
Not if you include the money he sends to Sally Struthers.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

cprice12 wrote: I'd be willing to bet you make more money than I do.
I highly doubt it.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:
I highly doubt it.
Yeah, even the government puts a ceiling on those monthly checks, Curt.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
I highly doubt it.
Yeah, even the government puts a ceiling on those monthly checks, Curt.
Is this what you've been reduced to... welfare smack? :grin:

I do get a monthly check, DOOD... from my job. And it's not very big. But if you union/Dem asswipes had your way, we'd all be working for the government. And if you work for the auto industry, aren't you already working for the government? :lol: