Anyone ever NOT pay a red-light camera ticket?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Anyone ever NOT pay a red-light camera ticket?

Post by Guppy »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Leedog wrote:Could they put out a warrant for unpaid fines? So next time you get pulled over or go through a check point you wind up in the clink?
It probably ranges.. I got a parking ticket in Kirkwood ages ago and being as I spent almost no time there I figured I'd just ignore it.. Like 6 months later I get a letter that if I don't pay there'll be a warrant issued. Coulda been bullshit but I wasn't gonna take the chance.
I got a ticket when in Jersey. I paid the fine but it was "late" according to the people there so they sent my money (a check) back saying that it was late and that I owed then a late fee of 10-15 dollars. I called them and told them that I sent it on time and will not pay the late fee. They then threatened me by saying if it was not paid, I could have a warrant out for me for not paying, lose my driving rights in Jersey, and a few other things. I told them that I will mail the check back without the late fee and that was the end of the call. A few months later (about 6 months) I got a speeding ticket from a North Carolina state trooper. I asked him if he ran a nationwide check on me and he said he did not. I asked him to and told him the story. Nothing came up. I got another ticket about 6 years later and asked the cop to do the same thing and nothing came up. The lady was just trying to get extra money out of me with the late fee. But with totally not paying for it, I am sure my name would have come up on those checks. I still have not been back to that dump of a state called New Jersey.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

New Jersey is the dumpiest dump that ever existed. They call it the Garden State because "Biggest dump in the universe, full of toxic shit and noxious fumes" wouldn't fit on the license plate.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

You don't necessarily have to go to the courthouse to get this ticket thrown out. Call up the office of the local state attorney and asked for the attorney that is handling traffic matters/your traffic matter. Explain to him that you intend on contesting the ticket, give your reasons (whatever they might be), and ask if he will throw the ticket out or whether you will have to come to Court to contest it. There is a pretty good chance he will just throw it out or will try to negotiate something else (like no fine and just probation). Give that a try.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Thanks SIU. I'll try that.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

glen a richter wrote:New Jersey is the dumpiest dump that ever existed. They call it the Garden State because "Biggest dump in the universe, full of toxic shit and noxious fumes" wouldn't fit on the license plate.
I did ask the lady where the gardens were when I was talking with her. I wanted to say a lot more but did not want to burn the bridge any further than I already had.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

How about you just don't run a red light? You do something wrong, get caught and then don't want to pay for it? That's ridiculous, it isn't hard to not run a red light. Just suck it up, pay the ticket and stop running red lights. Besides, I hardly ever come across intersections with camera's, I don't know how common they are out in St. Ann but if you do run a red light at least don't pick one that has cameras.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

section319 wrote:How about you just don't run a red light? You do something wrong, get caught and then don't want to pay for it? That's ridiculous, it isn't hard to not run a red light. Just suck it up, pay the ticket and stop running red lights. Besides, I hardly ever come across intersections with camera's, I don't know how common they are out in St. Ann but if you do run a red light at least don't pick one that has cameras.
Thanks, mom. The county gets enough of my money and I am more aware of safety on the road than most people. It was slick out and I kept going rather than slamming on my brakes. Get off your high horse their, Tanto.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

deadphish -- not to be a nag, but make sure you place that call sooner than later. Don't wait the day before or anything like that.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

SIU LAW wrote:deadphish -- not to be a nag, but make sure you place that call sooner than later. Don't wait the day before or anything like that.
Ok. Who exactly do I call again?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

deadphish wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:deadphish -- not to be a nag, but make sure you place that call sooner than later. Don't wait the day before or anything like that.

Lol....scroll up.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Here's one other thing to consider. Are you in St. Ann much? I know Shrader (police chief). He doesn't like people effin with him. Do you really want to piss the PD off? I wouldn't put it past them for everyone in the department to have your license # and pull you over any time they see your car on the road after 10 pm.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

If he arranges something with the local state's attorney I doubt the PD will ever hear about it.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

SIU LAW wrote:
deadphish wrote:

Lol....scroll up.
I know, silly. I have googled this and haven't really found a number to call or anything. Any ideas?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Call the Circuit Clerk at the courthouse and ask if they have a traffic division, and if so patch you through. Then relate you are trying to obtain the contact information for the individual I described above.

If they don't have a traffic division, just ask the Clerk's office for same.

That should do it.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

This is kind of on topic, as I was going through an intersection today on my motorcycle some prick running a red light almost clipped my rear tire, as he was going about 50 mph. But, I will get of my high horse, I mean who needs those pesky street lights to slow you down.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:This is kind of on topic, as I was going through an intersection today on my motorcycle some prick running a red light almost clipped my rear tire, as he was going about 50 mph. But, I will get of my high horse, I mean who needs those pesky street lights to slow you down.
So many motorcycle accidents happen because people don't pay attention...you have a right to complain.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

I have a big problem with the government using cameras to record behavior and then punishing behavior it does not like. They have a name for governments like this and it is not nice...do you seriously want the idiots in government doing this? Please.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

tsblue wrote:I have a big problem with the government using cameras to record behavior and then punishing behavior it does not like. They have a name for governments like this and it is not nice...do you seriously want the idiots in government doing this? Please.

With red light cameras? Yeah, I think it is alright.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:
tsblue wrote:I have a big problem with the government using cameras to record behavior and then punishing behavior it does not like. They have a name for governments like this and it is not nice...do you seriously want the idiots in government doing this? Please.

I agree with tsblue, and not because I have a problem with red light cameras. The reason that I don't like it is how long will it be before they will put up sidewalk cameras? Cameras to monitor your every step, ala London? My other issue with cameras in general is that there's no human interaction. I don't believe that you should be able to issue a citation to someone without proof of ID. I don't have any siblings, but what if I had a twin brother who borrowed my car? I don't think the IDEA of a red light camera is all that bad, but I think there are some flaws.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Ruutu15 wrote:
section319 wrote:

I agree with tsblue, and not because I have a problem with red light cameras. The reason that I don't like it is how long will it be before they will put up sidewalk cameras? Cameras to monitor your every step, ala London? My other issue with cameras in general is that there's no human interaction. I don't believe that you should be able to issue a citation to someone without proof of ID. I don't have any siblings, but what if I had a twin brother who borrowed my car? I don't think the IDEA of a red light camera is all that bad, but I think there are some flaws.
Putting up red light cameras to catch someone doing something that is against the law is completely different than putting up cameras to watch people on the sidewalks. Also, they have had red light cameras for a while now and if they were going to put up the sidewalk cameras it probably would have happened by now. And if you get in trouble because you let someone borrow your car and they broke the law, then I guess you should be more careful to who you let borrow your car or get the money from them to pay off the ticket. And besides it isn't like every stoplight has these cameras even in some of the most populated areas that are only a few, to say this is one step away from invasion of privacy through surveillance cameras on the sidewalk is a little absurd to me.