Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Post by Kreegz2 »

As he does every summer, Chris Pronger will stare wordlessly at his wall until training camp begins.
:lol:
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

WaukeeBlues wrote:If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.
He's a Wings fan.. And you expect him to know something?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.
He's a Wings fan.. And you expect him to know something?
good point :)

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

And your point is... what exactly?

I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series. You see, I have always been under the assumption that one team won, and the other lost.

If I really wanted to, I could give you all the reasons why that series wasn't as close as you think it was, like how the Ducks scored a power play goal in game 7 when they should have been on the penalty kill, and how Hossa was robbed of a game tying goal at the end of regulation in game 3. I could do all that, but I really don't need to, because..... the Ducks lost the series. Ya, they did. That's why they all went out to hit the gay bars, while the Wings moved on to the next round.

That's what happens in a playoff series. One team wins, and the other goes home. Of course, being Blues fans and all, you've probably forgotten what the playoffs are all about.

Enjoy watching the Wings win the Stanley Cup again. Not that anyone associated with the St. Louis Blues would know anything about winning the Stanley Cup.

:) :lol: :P

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Unfortunately you're both a retarded bangwagon Red Wings fan and a west coast douchebag stereotype so you can't see that.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Unfortunately you're both a retarded bangwagon Red Wings fan and a west coast douchebag stereotype so you can't see that.
Actually, it is pretty funny. I won't bother explaining it though, because it's not like a mongoloid pig humping dipshit like you would understand.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Actually, it is pretty funny. I won't bother explaining it though, because it's not like a mongoloid pig humping dipshit like you would understand.
You kiss your mother with that pathetic smack talking mouth? Seriously, GTFO til you have some material that the average middle schooler couldn't surpass.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote: I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.
Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

GaBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by GaBluesFan »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:Pretty funny read! :grin:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,163629
Funny...like cancer.

:doh:
REPRESENTING REAL HOCKEY DOWN SOUTH!

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Just ban this frank, too.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote: I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.
Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????

He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:

He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

Actually, I was just being an ass because I know he meant degrees. But who can resist f'in with Ghey Things fans posting on Blues forums?
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

theohall wrote:
section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:

Actually, I was just being an ass because I know he meant degrees. But who can resist f'in with Ghey Things fans posting on Blues forums?

Gotcha :doh:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:

You could apply for Wings fandom with grammar/spelling like that. :wink:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:And your point is... what exactly?

I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series. You see, I have always been under the assumption that one team won, and the other lost.

If I really wanted to, I could give you all the reasons why that series wasn't as close as you think it was, like how the Ducks scored a power play goal in game 7 when they should have been on the penalty kill, and how Hossa was robbed of a game tying goal at the end of regulation in game 3. I could do all that, but I really don't need to, because..... the Ducks lost the series. Ya, they did. That's why they all went out to hit the gay bars, while the Wings moved on to the next round.

That's what happens in a playoff series. One team wins, and the other goes home. Of course, being Blues fans and all, you've probably forgotten what the playoffs are all about.

Enjoy watching the Wings win the Stanley Cup again. Not that anyone associated with the St. Louis Blues would know anything about winning the Stanley Cup.

Yea, you could say all that... but it still came down to a single goal in game 7. It doesn't take a genius to formulate that its a DAMN close series when one team wins game SEVEN by a final of 4-3. My point is that, when it is THAT close, a retarded, at best slightly humorous "eulogy" bashing the other team only makes you look like a moron. Whoever wrote that acted like the Wings swept the Ducks and it just makes you and your fans look retarded.

The Wings survived that series more than they won it.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:And your point is... what exactly?

Yea, you could say all that... but it still came down to a single goal in game 7. It doesn't take a genius to formulate that its a DAMN close series when one team wins game SEVEN by a final of 4-3. My point is that, when it is THAT close, a retarded, at best slightly humorous "eulogy" bashing the other team only makes you look like a moron. Whoever wrote that acted like the Wings swept the Ducks and it just makes you and your fans look retarded.

The Wings survived that series more than they won it.
Its moran you tool!

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

As much as it pains me, SLS has a point. :moran:
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:

You could apply for Wings fandom with grammar/spelling like that. :wink:

Yeah, with school being out and no more papers, I am saying (Frank) it to grammar and spelling until next fall.