Anyone ever NOT pay a red-light camera ticket?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Anyone ever NOT pay a red-light camera ticket?

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
section319 wrote:
tsblue wrote:I have a big problem with the government using cameras to record behavior and then punishing behavior it does not like. They have a name for governments like this and it is not nice...do you seriously want the idiots in government doing this? Please.

With red light cameras? Yeah, I think it is alright.
I agree with tsblue, and not because I have a problem with red light cameras. The reason that I don't like it is how long will it be before they will put up sidewalk cameras? Cameras to monitor your every step, ala London? My other issue with cameras in general is that there's no human interaction. I don't believe that you should be able to issue a citation to someone without proof of ID. I don't have any siblings, but what if I had a twin brother who borrowed my car? I don't think the IDEA of a red light camera is all that bad, but I think there are some flaws.
Putting up red light cameras to catch someone doing something that is against the law is completely different than putting up cameras to watch people on the sidewalks. Also, they have had red light cameras for a while now and if they were going to put up the sidewalk cameras it probably would have happened by now. And if you get in trouble because you let someone borrow your car and they broke the law, then I guess you should be more careful to who you let borrow your car or get the money from them to pay off the ticket. And besides it isn't like every stoplight has these cameras even in some of the most populated areas that are only a few, to say this is one step away from invasion of privacy through surveillance cameras on the sidewalk is a little absurd to me.
Ever had a really good friend that you trusted, who usually did the right thing, but then did something stupid? Why should you have to pay for his mistake? You shouldn't. If you let that same friend borrow your car, or take it for a test drive, should it be your fine to pay if he f's up?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Red Light Cameras are a fukking joke.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:Red Light Cameras are a fukking joke.
We agree on something

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

I went through two of them today at 270 and Olive and gave the camera the middle finger.

But I only went through because the police officer told me to.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

How did this turn out?

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

SIU LAW wrote:How did this turn out?

Dunno if he can post from jail.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:How did this turn out?

Dunno if he can post from jail.
:lol: :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk