SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Re: SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Post by JPonder94 »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:Damn, dude, overeract much? :lol: :lol:

For the record, I'm glad Malkin wasn't suspended. The last thing I would want is for those douchebags in Pittsburgh to have any excuse as to why they lost the series.

I was just trying to show you what a colossal toolbag you were being, which is why I responded to your post using EXACTLY the same words that you used to respond to one of mine earlier in the thread.

I'm not surprised you didn't pick up on it, though. Logic doesn't appear to be your strong point.
Hey man, overreacting and freaking out are requirements for Blues fans! :grin:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:

For the record, I'm glad Malkin wasn't suspended. The last thing I would want is for those douchebags in Pittsburgh to have any excuse as to why they lost the series.

I was just trying to show you what a colossal toolbag you were being, which is why I responded to your post using EXACTLY the same words that you used to respond to one of mine earlier in the thread.

I'm not surprised you didn't pick up on it, though. Logic doesn't appear to be your strong point.
It does seem to be, but I'm not really sure why. Normally, overreacting and freaking out are something fans do when their team actually has something on the line.

I'm being serious. That wasn't a shot at the Blues.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Guppy wrote: The way I see people trying to make a case of this is because there are rules setup and in place but yet some get special treatment over others. Forget who the names are and the teams colors are. Just look at the incident and what happened is what people are trying to say. At least that is my drift that I am getting from others
I agree with this. As I said, I don't want Malkin to be suspended, but the spin doctoring that's been going on to try and justify him not being suspended is getting really annoying.

This exactly the type of situation is which that rule is supposed to be applied. How can anyone even argue Malkin wasn't trying to send a message? In the last five minutes of a game, he goes after the one player (along with Osgood, arguably) that is the most responsible for his team being in a 2-0 hole.

If he had just squared off with the nearest Wing and started exchanging punches, if would have been different. But no, he deliberately singeled out Zetterberg, skated over and sucker punched him.

If that's not "trying to send a message," then what the hell is?

Furthermore, he was blatantly spitting in the face of the rulebook, bc he knew damn well Bettman and Campbell wouldn't have the balls to suspend him.

When I see shit like that, a part of me wants to see a suspension just based on general principle.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:

It does seem to be, but I'm not really sure why. Normally, overreacting and freaking out are something fans do when their team actually has something on the line.

I'm being serious. That wasn't a shot at the Blues.
Well, :detsucks:

That wasn't a shot either :wink:

hugedeal
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by hugedeal »

I understand people getting upset over Malkin getting special treatment, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can understand the reasoning. However, people keep saying the ruling is going against the rule book, which isn't the case. The rule states that Campbell will take a look and judge the instance.
The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.
As written, the rule might not convey it's actual intentions, I don't know. The way I see the rule, it's to prevent an enforcer from being used to send a message. Malkin may have known who he wanted to go after, but I don't think it was his plan when stepping onto the ice. I also can't imagine a coach sending out a scorer to "send a message." If Malkin does anything more than throwing a few goofy punches, there might be a valid argument. To suggest throwing out the suspension is an outrageous decision that goes against the rules is silly. Malkin has no history of doing this and didn't do any damage, if he had hurt someone or even landed some good licks, the suspension would likely stand.
Official LGB sponsor of Alex Steen.

Hullie
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Hullie »

these cocksuckers in stripes are doing pretty well so far... Pitt has 6 guys on the ice for 25 seconds and nothing. Adams clearly dove on the Franzen penalty. Ton of interference- Hal Gill.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I think they're doing a fine job.

:mrgreen:
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Hullie wrote:these cocksuckers in stripes are doing pretty well so far... Pitt has 6 guys on the ice for 25 seconds and nothing. Adams clearly dove on the Franzen penalty. Ton of interference- Hal Gill.
Agreed. Its obvious that everyone is pulling for Crosby to hoist the Cup. (Frank) that

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Hullie wrote:these cocksuckers in stripes are doing pretty well so far... Pitt has 6 guys on the ice for 25 seconds and nothing. Adams clearly dove on the Franzen penalty. Ton of interference- Hal Gill.
Agreed. Its obvious that everyone is pulling for Crosby to hoist the Cup. (Frank) that
They arn't calling either team, so I'm fine with the officiating, but really, 6 men on the ice for that long. But even then, the Wings didn't notice it either, until it was too late, too exciting of a game I guess.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

The Goddamn hotel I'm in doesn't have VS. Listening to the feed on NHL.com is the best I can do.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Hullie
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Hullie »

The call on Ericsson was typical of what happened all game long, but they decide to call it only there for some reason.

Franzen gets his head cross-checked into the boards. Hossa gets boarded head first into the boards. Helm gets an elbow to the head and the puck isn't even close. And so many others... I've never seen so much get let go.

Whiny bitch rant over, but damn they must have been instructed by buttman to make sure pitt won.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

The officiating in the playoffs this year has been very inconsistant. I'd like to see the goalie judges brought back next season, though that's still only a small part of what needs to be fixed.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nope. What I wrote was just fine.

I would've except you had an end quote tag on it. I figured it was a botched attempt. Red Wings fans have trouble with those tags for some reason.
For the record, other players have been suspended for doing what Malkin did. So yes, he did get special treatment, regardless of what Colin Campbell said.

Do I read that right? Are you really using COLIN CAMPBELL as the crux of your argument? Colin Campbell, seriously? Right, bc we all know what paragons of honesty Colin Campbell and his butt boy Gary Bettman are! :lol: :lol:
If he's the person making the judgment call, then yea, I'm gonna quote him! :lol: It's rocket science, I know.

As for last night- great effort by the Pens, great game to watch. They finally started to catch some breaks. Seems like they couldn't BUY any good luck in Detroit and then got some last night. Lone and behold come out with the win. Here's to hoping they come out and do it again. Or 3 more times :grin: :lol:
stlbluz wrote:The officiating in the playoffs this year has been very inconsistant. I'd like to see the goalie judges brought back next season, though that's still only a small part of what needs to be fixed.
Agreed. Some stuff was weak and then I saw a Pens guy just rock a Red Wing from behind near the boards. Thought it was an obvious penalty but no call. Fun to watch :wink: but thought it was a penalty for sure. It seems like the refs are really trying to just let em play but then have stretches where they lapse into regular season-type calls.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

WaukeeBlues wrote: I would've except you had an end quote tag on it. I figured it was a botched attempt. Red Wings fans have trouble with those tags for some reason.
Wrong again, Sherlock. The post with the end quote tag was an entirely different one. The one where I was mocking you has never been edited. Go and look for yourself. I'm not surprised you can't keep anything straight, though. You seem to have issues with that.
If he's the person making the judgment call, then yea, I'm gonna quote him! :lol: It's rocket science, I know.
The only judgement he made was trying to spin this in a way that he could justify not suspending Malkin. The NHL has a history of engaging in mental gymnastics when they don't want to enforce their own rules. Remember their half-assed explanation as to why Hull's Cup winning goal wasn't disallowed? This time they inserted an "out" clause that they thought would get them out of trouble when they did it, and it still DIDN'T work, because Campbell and Co. has stated on numerous occasions that the intent of this rule is to discourage people from trying to send a message at the end of a game. Well, that is EXACTLY what happened here, and they STILL didn't suspend the player who did it. If you're going to argue against a possible suspension, you should stick to the merits of the situation, rather than relying on self-serving scumbags with no credibility whatsoever.
As for last night- great effort by the Pens, great game to watch. They finally started to catch some breaks. Seems like they couldn't BUY any good luck in Detroit and then got some last night. Lone and behold come out with the win. Here's to hoping they come out and do it again. Or 3 more times :grin: :lol: :
Pens did alright, but at the same time, I thought Detroit played its best game of the series; they just didn't get the breaks. That call on Ericsson was horsesh!t as well. We'll see what happens tonight. I bet the Wings get the win and pretty much put this thing to bed.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

How many bowling pins can you get up your ass at once?

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

A Wings fan can easily take 4, maybe 5.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

WaukeeBlues wrote: Malkin, etc didn't get special treatment and Cambell articulates that clearly. Which is shocking given that Detroit could've gained a benefit from the decision involved and the NHL usually doesn't hesitate to do whatever it can to help out your precious Red Wings.

and I jump down the throat of the announcers and Detroit in general for all my own reasons you don't have to agree with and probably won't. The Red Wings are the NHL's precious little poster-child f*cking franchise that everyone loves, all the announcers want to suck their cocks- they are just so so so great, everyone loves them. F*CK that. They've been nothing but one, giant bandwagon since 1997, they're a bunch of f*cking pansies that don't even know how to stand up for one of their star players that gets his shit rocked. That's one of the most basic hockey tenets ever and your team doesn't even know how to do it. This new pansified hockey that the Red Wings drool over is a detriment to the game itself and it is the sh*t that Bettman, etc just LOVE and can't stop getting a boner over so they go to the ends of the earth praising the Red Wings when they should be scorned. They don't exemplify the grit or mean side that every REAL hockey player knows a team should have. And any bumf*ckville town/city/village in Canada, Minnesota, and many other parts of the U.S. are way above and beyond more of a "Hockeytown" than ghey Detroit is or ever will be. Frankly that nickname alone gives me all the reason in the world to hate Detroit and their NHL franchise. If that saying wasn't obviously so pathetically inaccurate I might actually have gotten some humor out of it but I don't because I know you retards sincerely believe it. I will hate the Red Wings forever and your team can't bottom out soon enough for my liking.</rant>

I don't care if I piss off every Red Wings fan on this board. You're on a Blues message board- deal with it.
Every time you post the rest of us get dumber.

The NHL always tries to help out the Red Wings? Really? That's why the refs routinely call more penalties on the Wings than their opponents during playoff games, huh? In the first 3 games of this series alone, they did that in 2 of them, and in the other, it was even. The game winning goal in game 3 was a PP goal that came off a garbage call; Hal Gill does the same damn thing about a dozen times every game and never gets called for it. What about the disallowed Hossa goal that would have tied game 3 at the end of regulation against the Ducks?

Gary Bettman's top 2 objectives are to grow the league's fanbase and convince small market owners to invest in their teams. It doesn't help him do any of those things when the Wings win the Cup. I'm sure he nutted all over himself when Tampa Bay and Carolina won.

The announcers love Detroit? Have you even been listening? Every time they talk about the Wings getting away with "subtle interference" I just want to vomit. Those are things that EVERY team does. They spent a lot of time talking about how Samuelsson interfered with Malkin on Ericson's goal, but they completely ignored 2 very important factors. The first was that Sammy's feet were moving the entire time; the second was that Malkin never even tried to fight for position. That's hockey 101 right there. If you want to draw that call, you HAVE to fight for position. Maybe he just assumed he'd get it bc he plays for the Pens.

The Wings haven't been a bandwagon team since 2002. They've been winning Cups for over a decade now; it's not fresh anymore. For the past several years, it's the Penguins who have been attracting all the bandwagoners. That may be all over after Saturday, though. :lol:

The Wings stand up for themselves just fine. They've been in a ton of playoff brawls the last two years. I guess you missed Datsyuk pummeling Gary Roberts after he cheap shotted Franzen, or Ozzie giving Mike Ribeiro some chin music when he tried to run Lidstrom after the bell?

No part of America loves hockey quite as much as Canada. As far as the United States is concerned, other than Minnesota, New England, and possibly Western Pennsylvania and upstate New York, no place is as into hockey as Detroit. Detroit has produced plenty of NHL players, including several that are HOF caliber. Hockey is huge in Detroit, there's nothing wrong with the "Hockeytown" moniker.

As for the team bottoming out, fat chance. They still have a roster full of damn good players with a lot of years left, and the system keeps churning out more every year. Keep your eye out for Cory Emmerton and Jakub Kindl.

One more thing: When a team raises a Cup banner, is there some kind of elegy to their toughness written at the bottom, or does it merely say "STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS"? :grin: :lol: :P

You don't piss me off either. It's actually kind of funny when you melt down like this.
Last edited by WestCoastWingsFan on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

You know what I hate?

Wings fans.

Who's with me?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

philco_3 wrote:A Wings fan can easily take 4, maybe 5.
With room to spare.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

kodos wrote:You know what I hate?

Wings fans.

Who's with me?
Not all of them, you love me.