LGB 2009 mock draft

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

LGB 2009 mock draft

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Not sure we have the traffic for it right now, but I enjoyed participating it in a few years back and I learned it was a really good way to get to know the draft picks. To those who don't remember or are recent additions, Those who want to participate pick a team. We go with the regular draft order and you research the guys out there and pick who you think that team would pick. I guess this thread is to gauge interest. If nobody else wants to organize it I suppose I could. I would of course get the Blues as my team for the service. :wink:

So who all would be in?

edit: looks like the following people are interested

Mellanby_equals_grit
abc
Bretzky
stlbluz
Optimegus
Waukee
Nyght
Last edited by Mellanby_equals_grit on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: LGB 2009 mock draft

Post by abc789987 »

How does it work, does everyone have to be online at the same time or would everyone just have to have their pick in by a certain time?

Bretzky7
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Bretzky7 »

I'd be up for it if theres the interest from 30 guys, if not we could always just predict the 1st round and closest wins, I was at the draft last yr in Ottawa and thats what me and bunch of buddies did, mind you I think a few beers later we lost track on who won.
LGB sponsor of Keith Tkachuk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I draft Wayne Gretzky.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

abc789987 wrote:How does it work, does everyone have to be online at the same time or would everyone just have to have their pick in by a certain time?
No.. That would be impossible to sort out.. Basically it would take a week or so.. First we'd get everyone to pick a team (someone with multiple teams potentially), then we could start whenever.. First guy goes.. As soon as he picks then the 2nd guy is on the clock.. It is expected that you pay attention and know when you're going to be on the clock soon. Like say it's 2 or 3 picks ahead of you then you should try to check back til you're up. Obviously there is real life so you can't sit around all day waiting to be on the clock but within reason of course. If the person on the clock doesn't respond within a certain amount of time (say.. 4 hours) then the moderator can pick for them and we go on. We could either just do 1 round or 2 or 3 depending on the interest.

I would like to see at least 20 or so people interested to even attempt though.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

i'd be willing to give it a shot. maybe it would help me expand my hockey knowledge past just the blues.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

kodos wrote:I draft Wayne Gretzky.
Should draft someone with some talent...
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Anybody mind if I take Philly?

Also, if we lack people then maybe each one of us could take a team in the East & 1 in the West.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I'm in.

I REALLY want to go head-to-head in a draft of only the players that will actually be at the Blues' prospect camp. Would anyone be interested in a draft with me where all the prospects are put into a serpentine style draft?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I'll do it. I take shotty on the Isles in the East and the Avs in the West :grin: :P
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

FTR we're not claiming teams yet, just gauging interest. So far it looks like it's a bit slim to get this going.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I'd try it, but I'd want a couple of references with which to do research. I'm not in a position to reinvent the wheel right now.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.