Blues and Pronger (e3)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Blues and Pronger (e3)

Post by F Keenan »

Per Ek
The Blues are once again very seriously considering making a run at Pronger. Could happen this weekend.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21717

Does the e in e3 stand for erroneous?

Discuss.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues and Pronger (e3)

Post by strocklen083 »

I'm taking a shit later today (e5)

Until I see a press release confirming any type of transaction regarding any player I say it's all BS...

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I thought we were supposed to have Heatley 2 days ago.
For Pronger, everyone says no to the kid line, EJ and Pietro. What about today's #1 and Polack? NHL ready D in and out and draft choice to sweeten the pot for Ducks.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I don't think I want to give up what the Ducks will demand in return.
I know you have to give to get, and I really want Pronger back...but I dunno.
They won't just take picks and prospects. They're going to want at least a guy or two off of the roster, PLUS, picks and prospects.
Ugh.

Any chance they'll take Jackman or Brewer plus a pick and a prospect? I'd pass out if they did. Might be greatest day ever if that happened.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

cprice12 wrote:I don't think I want to give up what the Ducks will demand in return.
They won't just take picks and prospects. They're going to want at least a guy or two off of the roster, PLUS, picks and prospects.
Ugh.

Any chance they'll take Jackman or Brewer plus a pick and a prospect? I'd pass out if they did. Might be greatest day ever if that happened.
First of all, I'd take Brewer out of the fantasy due to his back concerns. I doubt Jackman, because he wouldn't save them enough $$. The only reason to move CP is to save cap, and Jackman would only save them 2-2.5mil. Whereas Polack would save about 5mil, be as good as Jackman this year and have upside. That's why I suggested him. Not sure the competition for CP. Any team that would trade for him would have to be confident they can get the extension or he is an expensive rental. That cuts the list waayy down. And, why give up the farm for him when there are several good UFA's to take a run at, plus Kaeberle on the block competing with the Ducks for someone that wants to trade for a D.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Leedog wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I don't think I want to give up what the Ducks will demand in return.
Ugh.

First of all, I'd take Brewer out of the fantasy due to his back concerns. I doubt Jackman, because he wouldn't save them enough $$. The only reason to move CP is to save cap, and Jackman would only save them 2-2.5mil. Whereas Polack would save about 5mil, be as good as Jackman this year and have upside. That's why I suggested him. Not sure the competition for CP. Any team that would trade for him would have to be confident they can get the extension or he is an expensive rental. That cuts the list waayy down. And, why give up the farm for him when there are several good UFA's to take a run at, plus Kaeberle on the block competing with the Ducks for someone that wants to trade for a D.
I don't know how real this is, but TSN is reporting Boston's Kessel for Kaberle and a pick is pretty much the best deal for Kaberle right now.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282921
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Leedog wrote:
Ugh.

I'd be hesitant to send Polak anywhere. I believe the kids got a lot of potential and his style of play fits into the Blues system well.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

stlbluz wrote:
Leedog wrote:
Ugh.

I'd be hesitant to send Polak anywhere. I believe the kids got a lot of potential and his style of play fits into the Blues system well.
signed,
Dennis Wideman
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

You have to give somryhing to get something. Ok. Let's see. We want your future HOF defenseman who has many good years left, but we don't wanna give up anyone who we think might be good someday. Too bad Lar isn't the Ducks GM. It might work.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Just announced on the tube by the TSN announcer that a source on the floor stated Pronger was traded to the Flyers.

The FLYERS?! Really? :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star