hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby Sweetred95ta » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.

I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.
I love hockey. Period.
User avatar
Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Arnold, MO

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.

I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.


When was this?
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby Sweetred95ta » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:When was this?

You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.
I love hockey. Period.
User avatar
Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Arnold, MO

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:When was this?

You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.


I don't think either has done much to be put above the other. You could make an argument for either being higher on the depth chart (and possibly moreso for Holt even). Being as I've only seen both of them a handful of times, I'll defer to the brass' judgment on this one being as they've watched both more and have more expertise than both of us put together. I would like to see Bishop succeed since he is the hometown guy, but I don't see either as the next Patrick Roy or anything.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby dmiles2186 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Who is throwin' the party? Ears is back!
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby blueline » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

what a kick in the teeth for Holt. Could of used this money to sign Whitfield or a couple of key veterans to start putting bodies in the seats and mentor the youth. The Goalie merry go round continues....
User avatar
blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:57 pm
Location: topshelf

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby Leedog » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12
User avatar
Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Location: sec 316

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Postby section319 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Leedog wrote:Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?



This. Especially, when it comes to goalies in this organization.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], NewarkDevil5, ORBluesFan, STLADOGG, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests