2009 Prospect Camp

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

2009 Prospect Camp

Post by strocklen083 »

Any of you unemployed/college students/independently wealthy people make it to Mills yet for the "Pro Orientation Camp"? I was shocked as hell to see KSDK actually sent someone there to cover it. They looked to have a pretty solid crowd for a Wednesday in July.

BTW, why did they move this thing back to the Mills? How is that convenient for anyone with a job to go to? Seriously? I guess it's more fiscally responsible to do it there rather than incur the costs associated with holding it at the arena?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: 2009 Prospect Camp

Post by stlbluz »

strocklen083 wrote:Any of you unemployed/college students/independently wealthy people make it to Mills yet for the "Pro Orientation Camp"? I was shocked as hell to see KSDK actually sent someone there to cover it. They looked to have a pretty solid crowd for a Wednesday in July.

BTW, why did they move this thing back to the Mills? How is that convenient for anyone with a job to go to? Seriously? I guess it's more fiscally responsible to do it there rather than incur the costs associated with holding it at the arena?
By a long shot. The one thing that sucks is events like Saturday's scrimmage where there'll be 3x the capacity limit.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

stlbluz wrote:By a long shot. The one thing that sucks is events like Saturday's scrimmage where there'll be 3x the capacity limit.
I think that's why they put the warning that only the first 1500 will be admitted to the facility. Anything beyond that and it becomes a fire/public safety hazard. So if anyone's planning on going, I'd say get there early.

Unfortunately I can't make it. Going out of town for the weekend. Although I'm not sure I would have wanted to drive up there anyhow. It's a major hassle to get there if you're coming from anywhere south of 44.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Yeah, I am an unemployed, college student who would be there everyday probably but I am in Columbia until Saturday, so hopefully I can make it for the scrimmage.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.