Enough with Brewer

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Enough with Brewer

Post by strocklen083 »

Sweetred95ta wrote:Does it count against the cap at all if a player's contract is bought out because he simply won't be available to play through the rest of his contract due to serious injury? Buying his contract out would be something the Blues need to start thinking about (and probably already have been).
Most teams have insurance on their bigger contracts. So like last year with Kariya and Johnson the insurance on the contract kicked in after maybe 20 games. So it would be more fiscally responsible to keep a contract like Brewers, pay the insurance along with the first 20 games of the season and then have the insurance kick in. So you're still taking a hit on the cap, but you aren't paying out the full amount of the deal.

Plus I don't know what the stipulations are between the NHL and the NHLPA in terms of buyouts. I know there's a specific window of time when buy outs must take place. But I don't know what the rules are about injured players. Regardless, this isn't a situation where a buyout makes sense IMO

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Who's TK?

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Prngr44 wrote:Who's TK?
Tkachuk, Keith :lol:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Leedog wrote:The Blues need to learn a lesson from this years Cardinals. Everyone but management knew Glauss was screwed up and wouldn't contribute for at least half the season. But they were in denial and didn't address the need in the off season when they coulda via UFA. Instead, they ignored the situation until crisis time mid season and had to sacrifice the closer of the future for a rent-a-player. In other words, sign Zubov, Schneider, or someone now so you don't have to trade Perron or someone for D help when Jackman gets menstrual cramps and winds up on the DL.

++

And I definitely think we need to sign one of them.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Stone Cold
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
Location: Reading Tucker Max's book, "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell".

Post by Stone Cold »

Prngr44 wrote:Who's TK?

Tony Kanaan??

http://www.tonykanaan.com.br/intro.php

:lol: :lol: