2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby WaukeeBlues » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Boston Bruins v. Philadelphia Flyers, Jan. 1

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=284749

IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Classic- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens
Last edited by WaukeeBlues on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby gaijin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Boston can suck it. I bet you'll see more Red Sox hats than Bruins hats.
Image
User avatar
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Location: An undisclosed location in SW Asia

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby section319 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This.

gaijin wrote:Boston can suck it. I bet you'll see more Red Sox hats than Bruins hats.


And this.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby 210 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 am

gaijin wrote:Boston can suck it. I bet you'll see more Red Sox hats than Bruins hats.


Get your checkbook out, I'll take that bet.
Image
User avatar
210
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Location: Worcester, MA

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby theohall » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:08 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This is a common sentiment throughout hockey forums on teh intratubes. Supposedly, the idea is a future one will be in Canada with Toronto vs Montreal or something equally stupid.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby philco_3 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Most likely I could see Boston vs Washington. Just for ratings reasons. They should have a second outdoor game, Toronto vs Montreal IMO.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby 210 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 pm

theohall wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This is a common sentiment throughout hockey forums on teh intratubes. Supposedly, the idea is a future one will be in Canada with Toronto vs Montreal or something equally stupid.


NBC will never put a Canadian team in the game...they'll lose a TV market if they do.
Image
User avatar
210
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Location: Worcester, MA

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby philco_3 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:23 pm

210 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This is a common sentiment throughout hockey forums on teh intratubes. Supposedly, the idea is a future one will be in Canada with Toronto vs Montreal or something equally stupid.


NBC will never put a Canadian team in the game...they'll lose a TV market if they do.


that is why they would have it on TSN only,
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby DaDitka » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:21 am

philco_3 wrote:
210 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This is a common sentiment throughout hockey forums on teh intratubes. Supposedly, the idea is a future one will be in Canada with Toronto vs Montreal or something equally stupid.


NBC will never put a Canadian team in the game...they'll lose a TV market if they do.


that is why they would have it on TSN only,



Now that makes since.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:51 pm

philco_3 wrote:Most likely I could see Boston vs Washington. Just for ratings reasons. They should have a second outdoor game, Toronto vs Montreal IMO.


I don't agree with having two outdoor games in one day. Even if it was two American teams and two Canadian teams, you are still possibly taking away from the ratings of the games, which in turn will make you less money. Plus, the excitement of the one game a season outdoors gets dwindled down IMO.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby 210 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 pm

philco_3 wrote:
210 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:IMO- If the Bruins are hosting the Winter Class- they shouldn't be playing anyone except the Canadiens


This is a common sentiment throughout hockey forums on teh intratubes. Supposedly, the idea is a future one will be in Canada with Toronto vs Montreal or something equally stupid.


NBC will never put a Canadian team in the game...they'll lose a TV market if they do.


that is why they would have it on TSN only,


I was referring to a potential MTL/BOS match-up....
Image
User avatar
210
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Location: Worcester, MA

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby philco_3 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 pm

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
philco_3 wrote:Most likely I could see Boston vs Washington. Just for ratings reasons. They should have a second outdoor game, Toronto vs Montreal IMO.


I don't agree with having two outdoor games in one day. Even if it was two American teams and two Canadian teams, you are still possibly taking away from the ratings of the games, which in turn will make you less money. Plus, the excitement of the one game a season outdoors gets dwindled down IMO.


I think the specialness of the outdoor games have already been worn out. It needs to happen every two years.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: 2010 Winter Classic- Fenway Park

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Boston v. Flyers- confirmed today.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], glen a richter, Google [Bot], ViPeRx007 and 6 guests