Blues Streaming The Blue Vs. Gold Scrimmage Live @ 11:00 a.m

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Blues Streaming The Blue Vs. Gold Scrimmage Live @ 11:00 a.m

Post by SIU LAW »

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues Streaming The Blue Vs. Gold Scrimmage Live @ 11:00 a.m

Post by F Keenan »

Fuggin Right! Now I don't have to drive out to BFE tomorrow!
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

ChrisD008
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ChrisD008 »

i was impressed with McRae wednesday when i saw him.. and he didn't disappoint today. I wonder how much of it was playing with Oshie.. either way he looked a step above any of the other forwards in my opinion.

ReelBluesFan887
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ReelBluesFan887 »

I was there and it was packed. AP at one point limped off the ice, but he returned the ice a minute later skating fine. I was impressed with Jack Combs but don't know who he is.
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

ChrisD008 wrote:i was impressed with McRae wednesday when i saw him.. and he didn't disappoint today. I wonder how much of it was playing with Oshie.. either way he looked a step above any of the other forwards in my opinion.
It's not just playing with Oshie. McRae did all the things you want from a center. Won face-offs, back-checked well, found open space near the net repeatedly, buried two chances and had at least two others. Yes, Oshie helped get him the puck for chances, but without being in the right place that wouldn't have mattered.

Sonne for the Blue team looked real good, too.

If anyone was actually there, what did they think of the defenseman wearing #56, Brett Ponich? Davidson and Kekalainen couldn't stop slobbering about him in their interviews when asked which new player impressed them the most.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

theohall wrote:
If anyone was actually there, what did they think of the defenseman wearing #56, Brett Ponich? Davidson and Kekalainen couldn't stop slobbering about him in their interviews when asked which new player impressed them the most.

I couldn't believe how well he played. He was billed as a reach and a project (and as far as filling out his frame, he's got a ways to go), but he looked so smooth and confident out there. Most of those kids looked just that way, like kids without a clue, just lots of energy. This kid looked like he new what to do and how to do it. He had a couple real nice tape to tape outlet passes as well.

TJ also had to settle him down once when he was going after a teammate (from the blue squad) for spraying the goaltender.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

stlcujo
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by stlcujo »

ReelBluesFan887 wrote:I was impressed with Jack Combs but don't know who he is.
I played with him when i was younger at affton.. he played for kitchner and saginaw in the ohl, now i dont know.