Hossa...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Hossa...

Postby ilhockeyguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:06 am

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post ... ogger_id=1


:hawkssuck: This guy can't win for anything.....good luck Hawks


:okman:
ilhockeyguy
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: 6 blocks from Scott...

Re: Hossa...

Postby SIU LAW » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 am

I don't get why people keep asking, "didn't the Hawks do a physical before they signed him!?" Someone correct me if I am wrong, but a contract or a trade is only final and binding on the team after the physical has been passed. Said another way, you can sign a player to a contract on July 1 and give him the physical on July 3. If he fails the physical, you have the option of voiding the contract if he has some condition that was unknown to the team.

This assumes that this injury was before he signed. Maybe he pulled an Erik Johnson.
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Hossa...

Postby Sweetred95ta » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 am

SIU LAW wrote:I don't get why people keep asking, "didn't the Hawks do a physical before they signed him!?" Someone correct me if I am wrong, but a contract or a trade is only final and binding on the team after the physical has been passed. Said another way, you can sign a player to a contract on July 1 and give him the physical on July 3. If he fails the physical, you have the option of voiding the contract if he has some condition that was unknown to the team.

I thought the same thing. I guess, when you have a player for 12 years :roll: , a couple months out of the line up isn't a big deal.
I love hockey. Period.
User avatar
Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Arnold, MO

Re: Hossa...

Postby Leedog » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Didn't the Cardinals "agree in principle" on a 2 year deal with Miller pending his physical, and when he got it and they saw trouble, the deal got yanked and replaced with a 1 year?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12
User avatar
Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Location: sec 316

Re: Hossa...

Postby philco_3 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Shoulder injury or not we'll be seeing enough of him over the years to make up for the few months we won't.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: Hossa...

Postby dmiles2186 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Leedog wrote:Didn't the Cardinals "agree in principle" on a 2 year deal with Miller pending his physical, and when he got it and they saw trouble, the deal got yanked and replaced with a 1 year?


That is correct.
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6120
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Hossa...

Postby STLADOGG » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 pm

anyone know if he will be back by season opener
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Hossa...

Postby WaukeeBlues » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 pm

STLADOGG wrote:anyone know if he will be back by season opener


Hossa?

The estimates I've been seeing is that he could be out for as late as December.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Hossa...

Postby STLADOGG » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 am

WaukeeBlues wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:anyone know if he will be back by season opener


Hossa?

The estimates I've been seeing is that he could be out for as late as December.



hehe good stuff :hawkssuck:
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan04 and 7 guests

cron